Tennis elbow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crookhunter View Post
    Best advice I have .....take a lacrosse ball and roll that tendon long ways (Fingers to elbow) two times a day. Been there have the tee shirt to where I couldn't even pick up a can. I self rehabilitated myself from that alone.
    X2 on the lacrosse ball. The tendon/muscles are bunched up and need to be worked out. Gotta put weight on it and really push the ball into the bunched up area and roll around on it. It hurts like a son of a &$@". If it doemst hurt than you are not hitting the spot. A foam roller works well too.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruttin&Struttin View Post
      Hey man. I've gone through tennis elbow that was so bad I couldn't pick up a jar of peanut butter palm down without feeling like there was an ice pick being driven through that part of my arm. My primary recommended an Airrosti doctor. They do soft tissue work (imagine a highly targetes deep tissue massage being done on you by the hulk). It hurts real good. Two visits and I was good to go. Messed up and impinged my shoulder a year later. Fixed in 3 visits. Look into it.
      I am in no way affiliated with the Airrosti brand or doctors. I am just a very satisfied patient. Good luck.
      Btw, when I say fixed the elbow and shoulder I mean fixed. No wraps, ice, heat, etc.
      X2. This is who got me on the lacrosse ball and foam rollers. I lock up a lot and when you have to swing a golf club for a living you learn to do lots of preventative.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruttin&Struttin View Post
        Hey man. I've gone through tennis elbow that was so bad I couldn't pick up a jar of peanut butter palm down without feeling like there was an ice pick being driven through that part of my arm. My primary recommended an Airrosti doctor. They do soft tissue work (imagine a highly targetes deep tissue massage being done on you by the hulk). It hurts real good. Two visits and I was good to go. Messed up and impinged my shoulder a year later. Fixed in 3 visits. Look into it.
        I am in no way affiliated with the Airrosti brand or doctors. I am just a very satisfied patient. Good luck.
        Btw, when I say fixed the elbow and shoulder I mean fixed. No wraps, ice, heat, etc.
        Airrosti is the most amazing treatment I've ever done. It blows everything else out of the water. Fixed my back and shoulder in incredibly short order, 2 visits for both to be completely pain free.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Comment

I got it from swinging a golf club,alot.I went to the dr.,and he told me."If you drive a truck with that arm,switch arms.If you carry a briefcase with that arm,switch arms,etc..Basically don't use it as much.
          I still played golf,but rested it as much as I could.It worked.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
            Luckily mine doesn't hurt when I draw my bow. The most painful thing I can do is shake someone's hand.
            THIS!!!

It hit me almost overnight and has plagued me daily for a couple of months now.

Comment

Luckily mine doesn't hurt when I draw my bow. The most painful thing I can do is shake someone's hand.
              that's mine as well. Sometimes I just have to tell the other person.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                Using a wrist strap truball fang. I hope maybe it’s a strain from drawing my bow back with my wrist turned and not straight. I shot hundreds of arrows last year and never an issue. Changed my form some a month ago and think that I’m drawing back different and didn’t realize it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had to lay off my bow for several weeks now, to rest the elbow. Been icing it and doing stretches with it, very sparingly but its helping. Got out the bow the other day, after trying different positions of my arm in the draw motion (without bow!), and found that by turning my hand DOWNWARD on the pull will greatly reduce the stress on it, no pain. If you turn your hand UPWARD and in the pulling motion, again try without the bow, you will tell the difference immediately. Shot mine a few times the other day like this and it hasn't been any worse, as it did before. I'm also doing very light curls with the arm, 5 lbs., just trying to get my strength back into it. Seems to be helping anyway. Still hurts when I keep it bent for awhile then try straightening it, not understanding why that is.
                I don't see the point in shots if its not going to heal anything. You do that then you risk tearing it more by over doing it because it feels better. IMO
                Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                  I've had to lay off my bow for several weeks now, to rest the elbow. Been icing it and doing stretches with it, very sparingly but its helping. Got out the bow the other day, after trying different positions of my arm in the draw motion (without bow!), and found that by turning my hand DOWNWARD on the pull will greatly reduce the stress on it, no pain. If you turn your hand UPWARD and in the pulling motion, again try without the bow, you will tell the difference immediately. Shot mine a few times the other day like this and it hasn't been any worse, as it did before. I'm also doing very light curls with the arm, 5 lbs., just trying to get my strength back into it. Seems to be helping anyway. Still hurts when I keep it bent for awhile then try straightening it, not understanding why that is.

I don't see the point in shots if its not going to heal anything. You do that then you risk tearing it more by over doing it because it feels better. IMO

Good luck!

Yeah. I think I started drawing and rotating my palm outward at the same time and caused the strain. It’s weird that it is sore on the bone as well as just below the bone.... sucks.

Comment

google or youtube voodoo floss. You can do the same thing with a bicycle inner tube or any kind of heavy elastic band. I used to have bad tennis elbow from arm wrestling. It works miracles. I no longer have any issues.

Comment

You can thank me later.

Comment

Originally posted by Crookhunter View Post
                        Best advice I have .....take a lacrosse ball and roll that tendon long ways (Fingers to elbow) two times a day. Been there have the tee shirt to where I couldn't even pick up a can. I self rehabilitated myself from that alone.
                        This. I'm currently going through it and between the lacrosse ball and rolling the muscles on a hard small cardboard tube it does wonders to loosen up the tendons and my elbow is nearly better. Mine has taken about 5 months to heal but that's because I wont lay off an keep re-injuring it.

Comment

Originally posted by LeanMachine View Post

I will look into this

Comment

You had this done for tendinitis and it helped?

Comment

You had this done for tendinitis and it helped?
                              I did it myself. I used a heavy elastic knee wrap because it is what I had on hand. I wrapped the joint as tightly as possible and then torqued on the joint in all directions as much as I could tolerate. Had the wife twist on it some too. Relief was instantaneous for me.

The guys who developed this technique called it voodoo because they do not know why it works. They just know it works.

Comment

I did it myself. I used a heavy elastic knee wrap because it is what I had on hand. I wrapped the joint as tightly as possible and then torqued on the joint in all directions as much as I could tolerate. Had the wife twist on it some too. Relief was instantaneous for me.

The guys who developed this technique called it voodoo because they do not know why it works. They just know it works.
                                I'm getting a knee wrap and will give it a try. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X