No announcement yet.

Need help with age/score

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can tell u from personal experience not all deer can be aged by looking at normal aging charicterics. I've had a high fence place for 7yrs now. Some of our 6-7 yo deer still look young but we know they are not we have watched them grow up. Some conform to the book but many do not.
    Deer in post #5 looks 6.5 to me.
    All the big deer in first set of pics looks like min. 4.5 to 5.5 but could be older. Aging is not fool proof. If there are strict rules I would show pics to all members get a general consensus and go from there.

Comment

I hope a 170 does. We did not feed any protein this year. It’s our first year. We have a few pictures from the hunters last year. We hope to feed some next year and start watching these guys grow!!

Comment

It’s just me and 4 family members on the lease so the rules are flexible. I think that we are just gonna sit back this year and see what comes out. We will only shoot REALLY HUGE, obviously old, or inferior genetic deer. Then we can gather intel and start next year.

Comment

Sounds like you have a good plan and some solid genetics. That is very encouraging that your native pasture grew deer like that after a very dry spring and summer growing season.
          Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

LOL... here is the 12 from last year. Anyone want to change their estimates? The body weight of these deer will throw you off.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dc1986 View Post
              LOL... here is the 12 from last year. Anyone want to change their estimates? The body weight of these deer will throw you off.
              That dude is a TANK!!

Comment

Holy crap at that 12!!!! Huge *** deer!

Comment

He looks like yearling calf !

Comment

Originally posted by dc1986 View Post
                    So you had this place last year? That dude is a freaking tank!

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                      So you had this place last year? That dude is a freaking tank!
                      Yes. Rough terrain, low numbers, and extremely skittish deer. Hadn’t been hunted in a long time.
                      Last edited by dc1986; 10-21-2018, 08:09 PM.

Comment

dc1986... we kept our feeders at the same locations yall had last year. Which stand did yall kill that 179 4/8?

Comment

Originally posted by DallasCoon12 View Post
                          dc1986... we kept our feeders at the same locations yall had last year. Which stand did yall kill that 179 4/8?
                          He stayed mostly in the NW corner but he was shot in the middle stand.

Comment

Working...
                          X