Well that got expensive, (3rivers) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well that got expensive, (3rivers) :)

Hopped online to get a tab ordered and decided to so some shopping while there. Yeah that might have been a mistake. Instead of just the tab I now have new arrow shafts, fletchings, fletching tape, a fletching jig and some other things I've needed for 6 months on the way. Hopefully this is the last large buy I make for the remainder of the year.

God bless and happy hunting.
    Richard.

Dont forget to factor in the outrageous shipping at three rivers. I had to buy some 200 grain glue on field points. They were cheaper than the shipping.

Comment

That'll happen sometimes. At least you didn't end up buying another bow!!

Comment

Yeah you can hope that but probably not.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by KenWood View Post
          Dont forget to factor in the outrageous shipping at three rivers. I had to buy some 200 grain glue on field points. They were cheaper than the shipping.
          That is my only complaint about 3Rivers- I enjoy doing business with them otherwise

Comment

When you factor in how long it takes to pull an order, package it, label it, then do the paperwork, you will see that the cost for them prior to getting it out the door is about the same for a tab or a bow. So I always build a list and try to order every six months or so. That way the freight doesn't sting quite as much. It makes no sense to place a twenty dollar order.

Comment

Same here. I always wait until I need quite a few things to place my order.

Comment

Remainder of the year? You do realize there's a lot of year left? Good luck with holding to that being an archer.

My wife wishes I was that disciplined.
                Last edited by Geezy Rider; 01-14-2018, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Yep, it’s easy to go kinda crazy on a trad supply website!

Good luck holding out the rest of the year!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Easy to do...but building your own arrows can be an addiction....good luck!!

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                      Remainder of the year? You do realize there's a lot of year left? Good luck with holding to that being an archer.

My wife wishes I was that disciplined.
                      Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                      Yep, it’s easy to go kinda crazy on a trad supply website!

Good luck holding out the rest of the year!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rest of the year indeed. I don't think I'll need anything else, maybe a string from Daniel, maybe. With this order I'll have 20+ arrows built with broadheads (thank you Ebay!!!) for my pig hunt at the end of next month. As long as I don't lose/break them all I'll be good.

Richard.

Comment

Originally posted by Featherflinger View Post
                        Same here. I always wait until I need quite a few things to place my order.
                        Same here... I always get ahold of the local trad guys and see if they need anything before I order online.

Richard, you'll be glad to know that after time your online orders almost become non-existent.

Comment

Originally posted by caughtandhobble View Post
                          Same here... I always get ahold of the local trad guys and see if they need anything before I order online.

Richard, you'll be glad to know that after time your online orders almost become non-existent.

I look forward to not buying anything else for a while. Now as soon as I start shooting the other bow on a regular basis I'll have to build arrows for it.

Richard

Comment

Originally posted by 60 Deluxe View Post
                            When you factor in how long it takes to pull an order, package it, label it, then do the paperwork, you will see that the cost for them prior to getting it out the door is about the same for a tab or a bow. So I always build a list and try to order every six months or so. That way the freight doesn't sting quite as much. It makes no sense to place a twenty dollar order.
                            Well, that may be true... but they are not very competitive... they are actually at a very high end of the spectrum. I can order from lots of other places for more reasonable shipping prices that likely do not exceed the volume 3rivers has. (I wouldn't compare to amazon reasonably... but they do spoil me.)

Originally posted by Junkers88 View Post
                            Rest of the year indeed. I don't think I'll need anything else, maybe a string from Daniel, maybe. With this order I'll have 20+ arrows built with broadheads (thank you Ebay!!!) for my pig hunt at the end of next month. As long as I don't lose/break them all I'll be good.

Richard.
                            Congrats on booking a pig hunt... seems like you have been overdue.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post

Congrats on booking a pig hunt... seems like you have been overdue.

That right there is an understatement!

Richard.

Comment

Working...
                              X