Lawyer Advice( Help please,Long)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Start raising bee eaters (birds)

I don't think you can legally make them move (unless there is some law or ordinance)

I also think you could trap or kill them on your own place with no consequences

Bees are not doing well so maybe talk to a bee keeper to find ways to discourage them

Good luck

Comment

The threat of anaphylactic shock for you and your wife would make me lose any empathy towards the neighbor.

Bees are doing poorly but I ain't dying for insects survival. I'd do anything to destroy those that come onto my property.

Comment

Spray Bifen XT , on your yard, house, driveway everywhere. You will not see a single bee for 6 weeks after that. As a matter of fact you won't see any bug. Ants, mosquitos, spiders over 200 insects! If you spray your house there well be wasp or mud dobber nests either. https://www.amazon.com/Bifen-Insecti...qLYLLUD_VqFy6O

$33 bucks for 3/4 of a gallon. Spray at 1 tsp per gallon.

Comment

*Obligatory disclaimer - I'm not giving you actual legal advice and you're not my client.* Under Texas law, nuisance is a “condition that substantially interferes with the use and enjoyment of land by causing unreasonable discomfort or annoyance to persons of ordinary sensibilities attempting to use and enjoy it.”
          That said, if your neighbor is wealthy he can probably afford to defend a lawsuit and could make if very expensive for you to sue him. I'd recommend you do some research and find an attorney that specializes in property law and set up a consult. It will cost some money but it would probably be more fruitful than posting here.

Comment

Four or five honey bears ought to be enough to police five acres.

Comment

Originally posted by jbw899 View Post
              *Obligatory disclaimer - I'm not giving you actual legal advice and you're not my client.* Under Texas law, nuisance is a “condition that substantially interferes with the use and enjoyment of land by causing unreasonable discomfort or annoyance to persons of ordinary sensibilities attempting to use and enjoy it.”
              That said, if your neighbor is wealthy he can probably afford to defend a lawsuit and could make if very expensive for you to sue him. I'd recommend you do some research and find an attorney that specializes in property law and set up a consult. It will cost some money but it would probably be more fruitful than posting here.

This.

Comment

I have to say I believe the bees do more good than bad. I love the bees that are on my land great for all the plants in my garden and fruit trees and berries.

Comment

Originally posted by barnett77859 View Post
                  I have to say I believe the bees do more good than bad. I love the bees that are on my land great for all the plants in my garden and fruit trees and berries.
                  Seriously......if that's your takeaway from this discussion, then you missed the whole point of the OP's post entirely
                  Last edited by HeyMikey; 03-21-2018, 04:30 AM.

Comment

Sorry, texaslammer, I don't have any advice but your question did help me get a possible answer to my insect problem.

Originally posted by Samson View Post
                    Spray Bifen XT , on your yard, house, driveway everywhere. You will not see a single bee for 6 weeks after that. As a matter of fact you won't see any bug. Ants, mosquitos, spiders over 200 insects! If you spray your house there well be wasp or mud dobber nests either. https://www.amazon.com/Bifen-Insecti...qLYLLUD_VqFy6O

$33 bucks for 3/4 of a gallon. Spray at 1 tsp per gallon.
                    This is what came up on Amazon. Are any of these what you're talking about?
                    I need to get rid of spiders and stuff in my barndo.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	biffen.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	24534661

Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post
                    Seriously......if that's your takeaway from this discussion, then you missed the whole point of the OP's post entirely
                    He misses a LOT!

Comment

Your post is a little hard to read/understand but something’s not right with the bees. The property my shop is on has several hives and the one next door does too. The two areas with hives are about 50 yards apart and I walk between and around them all the time, including with my dog, wife, kid, in laws, etc. I’ve never been swarmed or stung by a bee, and the only time I notice one up by my shop is when they’re looking for a drink of water.

Is this literally 5 acres of land covered with a beehive every few feet, like thousands of hives?

As other people have said, there’s nothing that would prevent you from treating your own land to repel them. I wouldn’t intentionally put out a poisoned water tank, but spraying your property with a general insecticide is normal practice.
                      Last edited by gatorgrizz27; 03-21-2018, 05:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                        Sorry, texaslammer, I don't have any advice but your question did help me get a possible answer to my insect problem.

This is what came up on Amazon. Are any of these what you're talking about?
                        I need to get rid of spiders and stuff in my barndo.
                        [ATTACH]901514[/ATTACH]

He misses a LOT!
                        Yes, get the 96 oz bottle on the far right. Best deal by far. It will be the answer to your insect problem. I spray mine with a Chapin g362 hose end sprayer set at 1 tsp per gallon. I can do an entire 1/4 acre with less than 8 oz.

Comment

If you burn trash or brush or anything else and you have a neighbor that has asthma and they have an attack you are liable. When I was with the fire marshall's office we arrested a person for this. I see no difference in your situation

Comment

Pressure washer with good soapy water and have at them like a flame thrower.... Or, maybe get with a different bee keeper and have him come and set up hives with queens and catch them all and haul away somewhere else?

Comment

Originally posted by Samson View Post
                              Yes, get the 96 oz bottle on the far right. Best deal by far. It will be the answer to your insect problem. I spray mine with a Chapin g362 hose end sprayer set at 1 tsp per gallon. I can do an entire 1/4 acre with less than 8 oz.
                              Can you spray inside the house as well?

Comment

Sell and move is going to be your best option.

Comment

Working...
                                X