axisshed by Tony Pic, on Flickr

Comment

Found a set today 166 7/8”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Found one side also... 73 7/8”

Comment

Nice work! I’ve only found one brown this year so far.. lots of buck still with one or two horns running around

Comment

Originally posted by Royal21973 View Post
                Found a set today 166 7/8”

Good to see that they are dropping down south!

Comment

The wife found 15 sheds around our blinds, and feed pens this weekend. Only one matching set

Comment

Originally posted by one66stang View Post
                    Ok shed hunters , where do you look if you are really out shed hunting. I stumble across a few every year but not on purpose.
                    Any tips for finding them?

A few years back we were trying to figure out where to look. Fences where they cross at, around feeders, yada yada. We drove into a wheat field and there's one, there's one! in 20 minutes we found most of these in the wide open.

There sure are some mighty fine bucks that are gonna be around for next season in this thread
                    Attached Files

Comment

very cool pics!

Comment

I know there is a market for them but I don't know anything about what an antler is worth. How much are sheds going for? Not that I'm good enough to make any money finding them. I've found maybe 4 deer sheds in my whole life.

Comment

Sheds

From last Saturday. Wife and I spent around 6 hours walking and hunting for sheds.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Found 4 monsters today, lol, atascosa county.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9894.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	24533749

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Nice sheds

Comment

Originally posted by aggie182 View Post
                                I make pens locally and usually advertise them on my neighborhood facebook page around the holidays and during Mother's Day/Father's Day/End of school year time frame. I ran through most of my antler stock on Father's Day and Christmas orders.

I should have been more specific in my post above. I'm looking to replenish my stock of antler by trading a pen for a decent set of sheds to help replenish my stock. Turnable would mean something with sufficient diameter to drill and turn in to a pen. Turnable would also mean that it won't explode while it's spinning 4200 RPMs when I hit it with a gouge or skew. I'm not looking for sheds that were found a few years ago and hung on a fence post that have baked in the sun for a few years. Stuff that's a few years old and has been stored inside is typically fine. I've sent a few PMs and will send to the guys above as well.

Essentially, I'm looking to trade pen(s) for usable antler for future pen projects so I can replenish my supply. I can turn your pen with your antler if it has some sort of sentimental value or I can turn pens with the antler I have left to give to you at the time of trade.
                                I'll be in touch if I find anything. I won't be out to looking for about another month or so, but would love one of your pens if I can find the horn. MN

Comment

Working...
                                X