No announcement yet.

LIVE - incompetance, insanity, and a major cluster in the making

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Booming back out, maybe getting more straps?

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
      they forgot the duct tape

Comment

Whoa, can't believe that guy crawled out the basket like that, he definitely ain't been trained in JLG safety.

Comment

This is insanity.

Are they seriously loosening the anchors without it attached to the crane?

BTW, you two knucklheads knock it off. I have moderator certs out the wazoo.
          Hunting Videos & Flickr Pix

Comment

Originally posted by Devin View Post
            This is insanity.

Hey Dervin, welcome to the party!

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
              Lol! Naw. Each one of those straps are good for 42,500# vertical basket, 21,200 straight vertical. They good.

Comment

Originally posted by Devin View Post
                This is insanity.

Are they seriously loosening the anchors without it attached to the crane?

Lol! Then tell the rookie to quit instigating.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                  Lol! Naw. Each one of those straps are good for 42,500# vertical basket, 21,200 straight vertical. They good.
                  serious question

can you tell by the color of strap the rating? wasn't sure if different colors show the different rating

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                    What crane company is doing the work? It sure seems like it would be bad business to take this thing down for them.

Shoot, even if the city found an operator, and rented the crane, I would be shocked that anyone would rent a crane to the city for this...
                    The workers are firemen who were told to complete this job

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                    They = He.
                    there was no vote.
                    Correct , mayor told city council to take a vote , they voted 6-1 for removal of statues ... people never got a chance to vote

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                    what did they say this thing weighs?
                    that amount of weight...free swinging...on "straps"...not chains.....(because they aren't going to have guidelines off it...) on a fully extended boom that is over a incline...
                    Approx 10,000 lbs , 20 ft tall

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                    The county sheriff must not be worth a crap. If he was he would lock up the mayor for the destruction of historical monuments and shut this whole dog and pony show down.
                    The chief of police is sleeping with the Mayor , best buddies as they don't cross one another

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
                      serious question

can you tell by the color of strap the rating? wasn't sure if different colors show the different rating
                      Yes, exactly. They are color coded.

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
                        serious question

Yes, you can.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sling.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	24496969

Comment

word.

Comment

They got tired of sitting up there, we going to get a drink.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                              The workers are firemen who were told to complete this job
                              Yeah, I am talking equipment vendor. No way the city has a man lift and a crane laying around for just such an occasion.

However, now that I think about it, are firemen typically certified to run a crane?

Comment

This is almost as bad as waiting for the giraffe to give birth.... And for the record.. I've established ironman as the crane rigging expert in the room. That is all.

Comment

Working...
                                X