Comment

Hope something didn't happen to q-all

Comment

DANG...hope the OP and deer are ok

Comment

Any news on OP or deer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Right now the OP is in the keys fishing a mahi tournament with his bro and dad. As far as any news about Megatron I can't remember what he told me

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by codyw2006 View Post
              Right now the OP is in the keys fishing a mahi tournament with his bro and dad. As far as any news about Megatron I can't remember what he told me

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Thanks! Was starting wander if something happened to him

Comment

Originally posted by q-all View Post
                Update .

No luck tonight. Did see a big wide buck probably close to 150 and let him walk. Movement was unusually slow. The wind was brutal though and that may of had something to do with it.

Gonna go wack some ducks in the am then back in the stand tommorrow evening. Looks like it's gonna be a wet couple of sits the rest of the week.

How yoooouuuu doing?

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                  How yoooouuuu doing?

the last time he was on this site was 12-18-2015 so i doubt we ever here how it finished out. to bad cause i was hoping to see an ldp or some new trailcam pics of megatron

Comment

Megatron has made an appearance in the Pushmataha 2016 thread. He has survived and is even bigger! Welcome back q-all!

Comment

Megatron. A legend in the making

Well guys I guess it's time for an update!

I hunted mega hard last season and never closed the deal. We saw a few times, just never in the right situation.

We actually did not see him again in November or December . I thought he had possibly died. Not by a hunter though. I would think if someone killed a deer of that caliber I would of heard about it.

During our annual shed hunt in March of this year I scoured our whole place looking for his sheds. I found one but it was from 2014. I pretty much wrote him off at that point.

I got trail cams out later then usual this year. I think it was August 15 and first buck on camera is none other then mega.

This is the only location I have ever captured trail cams of him. It's in our biggest food plot. He has never been captured eating from a feeder. I believe his core area is actually right below our lodge. He is quite difficult to get many pictures of.

This past week I was in Wyoming hunting mule deer. It was the first time I had ever missed opening day in Oklahoma. 3 nights in a row I get his picture from the same camera.

My buddy who hunts our place actually saw him Tuesday night in the food plot as he was driving back in from the other end of the ranch. That tells me he is moving in daylight but in a spot that will be very difficult to kill him with a bow. I am gonna spend some time glassing this field this weekend to try and see where he is coming from. I am Thinking my best chance to get on him will be with a muzzleloader, which opens up October 21.

So I guess the saga continues! Stay tuned ..

Comment

Good luck what an awesome deer

Comment

I remember following this thread last season waiting for the glorious ldp lol good luck bud!

Comment

Wow what a buck. Sounds like a good plan. Good luck!

Comment

Man o man. What a deer. Hope you get him this year!!!

Comment

hope you get him this year
                                good luck

Comment

Working...
                                X