No announcement yet.

What generation Texan are you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 on my mother’s side and at least 4 on my father’s.

Comment

Naturalized

I’m a naturalized Texan. I was born in NM but am here for good. On my maternal grandmother’s side that family was here so far back they lived here when it was still Mexico. My grandmother would tell me stories of grandparents (or maybe great grandparents) who had neighbors who were moving when TX was annexed because they were proud, “Mexicans.” Her family new better than to abandon their home. Thank God for that decision.

Comment

I get confused as well. But I believe I am fifth generation on my mothers side. Her family moved here in 1866 or so.

Comment

I wasn't born here but I'm pretty happy about the fact that I have chosen to be here, raise a family here, live out my life here and have my ashes scattered here. Home is where you hang your hat and I don't think a person could find a better place to do that than Texas.

Comment

1st. Dad is a polock from Ohio and mom is a coon-azz from Ville Platte. They both ended up in Texas via the U.S. Army.

Comment

I wasn't born here either, but I got here as fast as I could!

Comment

I've made two who are first generation.

Comment

im at least 5th cause all 5 generations of us are still living. not sure how far back we go

Comment

My great great great grandpa was John Wayne and he single handedly defeated the Mexican hordes with an old hickory stick at that castle looking place in San Antonio across from the Ripleys Believe it or Not. So Im about as original as it comes.

Comment

That's going to depend on which lineage I go through. The shortest is through either of my grandfathers. Both of them were born elsewhere but moved here as young men, so 2 generations. My paternal grandmothers lineage is at least 4 generations in Texas. Then there's my maternal grandmother's side, where I'm at least the 6th generation, possibly 7th. I've got the records in my great grandfathers personal memoir. I'm going to have to pull that out when I get home.

Comment

Originally posted by silentstalker92 View Post
                        im at least 5th cause all 5 generations of us are still living. not sure how far back we go
                        Dude, 5 generations living?!?! That's amazing. I hope yall have taken the time to get a picture of that. One of my favorite pictures is me with my dad, grandfather and great grandfather.

Comment

Not sure where my great grandfather was born, but he rode with the James Gang.. My grandfather's name was Jesse James Cheatom and he was born here in Texas... The gang had fled Missouri and come to Texas to hide out from the Feds n Pinkerton boys so that makes me at least 3 generations maybe 4 or more... My grandmother on that side was a Cherokee, and never had a birth certificate, but supposedly came from northeast Okla or SW Mo. My grandpa was sure fun to sit and listen to... He was born in 1883 and lived to be a hunert... Died in October... If he'd made it to January, he'd a been a hunert n 1... Was real healthy and mentally sharp until about 6-8 months before his death... He plowed a 1+acre garden with a dang merry-tiller when he was well into his 90's!! I'm a proud Texan, but come from a bunch of crooks!
                          Last edited by SaltwaterSlick; 02-05-2018, 02:15 PM. Reason: tnik figners

Comment

3rd on my dads from Hungary/Germany and on my Moms they where here when Texas was Mexico

Comment

5th, my kids are the 6th

Comment

4th at least. Great Grandfather settled in the Piney Woods of Votaw in the late 1800's. I sure wish his lazy butt would have kept going West to the Hill Country

Comment

Working...
                                X