No announcement yet.

Saving Money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I saved $1900 on Auto and $1800 on house insurance in one year that meant I quit paying for both. I'm not sure how you managed that without WAY overpaying. By the way that's on 2 new vehicles and a $200K value house. Nothing insane, but dang sure not cheap items.

Tell us how you managed this.

Comment

That's great. Working on restructuring our budget to save some cash now. Not an easy task.

Comment

I saved $6K a year by not buying a new truck......$12K by not buying a new dodge!

Comment

Originally posted by justintyme8303 View Post
          The key is talk to customer retention they have way more power than the reg customer service. I did it last year told them im going to sprint they gave a me a $25 credit per line. We have 5 lines so lowered my bill 125 a month! When I called this time the rep could see my $25 credit and it had no expatiation date and was amazed they could even do that.
          We tried that last August and they said "we are sorry to lose you after being a customer for 17 years." I was with them since it was Cingular or whatever it was called before AT&T. But they refused to give us any kind of a break. We have 3 phones; mine, my wife's, and we have one for her mom. Now we are Sprint customers. Service is actually much better here in TX than it was up by Pittsburgh PA.
          Last edited by stickbowcoop; 07-13-2017, 11:34 AM.

Comment

If I saved $1,900 on auto and $1,800 on homeowners insurance with the same company with better coverage, they would owe me money. My auto is with two cars for two people and $300k value on the house. Maybe the OP has a huge house and the $1,800 decrease is just a small percentage, but if not, I would also love to see the apples to apples comparison if it was a "normal" size house. Something just doesn't seem right that someone wasn't getting hosed, but I have been wrong before.

Comment

Originally posted by justintyme8303 View Post
              He is only saving 33 a moth if you call and say your gonna switch i bet they can lower your bill that much. In my case they said no way can we lower your bill by 180 a month to match Cricket.

Normally with AT&T the additional lines are like 40 a month its the main line that cost the most. The key is talk to customer retention they have way more power than the reg customer service. I did it last year told them im going to sprint they gave a me a $25 credit per line. We have 5 lines so lowered my bill 125 a month! When I called this time the rep could see my $25 credit and it had no expatiation date and was amazed they could even do that.
              I will have to try this. Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow, congrats! but the dollars don't really apply to me. I'm with Progressive (shopped a few years ago).

1. $1400 for homeowners (3100 sq ft in city of Dallas with a monitored alarm)
                2. $1800 for auto (full coverage on 2016 4runner and 2008 sequoia) which went up b/c the wife got a speeding tickets. No kids driving yet!

I agree with some comments on electricity. I switched to Source Power and Gas and my highest bill this year was $140. I already cut Uverse. i still have one phone on verizon but can't really justify cutting that - i get my phone paid for work through at&t and the coverage is noticeably worse than verizon. i put those savings toward someone to mow my grass and a house cleaner twice a month - life changing stuff (and more time for hunting)!

Comment

My first question is how much were you paying for homeowners insurance?!?! WOW. I have an expensive house and if I knocked $1800 off my bill I'd be paying next to nothing.

Comment

I just cancelled cable, and now have internet only using netflix and other streaming sources. Gonna save me 1800 a year by dropping cable.

Comment

Also switched from sprint to straight talk saving me 1,740 a year

Comment

Originally posted by TaylorE View Post
                        I just cancelled cable, and now have internet only using netflix and other streaming sources. Gonna save me 1800 a year by dropping cable.
                        Thats next on my list

Comment

I will answer questions when I get the opportunity...too busy at this time. But I would imagine most people who are saying it doesn't add up, don't have a teenager on their insurance.

Comment

To the OP, Thanks. Looking at this post got me asking questions that I don't ask or think I don't have time for. I just change my business land lines and internet at the shop from AT&T to Spectrum and will save around $210 a month. All companies will get you over time caz they know it's human nature not to want change. Next order of business : is my cell phone bill been over $ 450 a month for 5 phone lines...... That's going to change quick. I will looking at everything in the next week or two to try and save more.

Thanks again!
                            Last edited by Royal21973; 07-13-2017, 06:21 PM.

Comment

congrats dude

Comment

Saving Money

I saved 17% on auto insurance by actually following up on good student discount for my kid.
                                I couldn't believe I was whizzing away that much for not sending a dang transcript in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X