No announcement yet.

Ranger Re-Deux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It feels good to bring something back into service.

You're doing a heck of a job

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues" - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Thanks all.

I'll update as I do more to it. I can't leave anything alone.

Comment

When complete, I'd like to hear how much you have into this rig. I wish I was that mechanically handy. May be a good project for me and my son when he gets of age. I just bought a can am defender max, new, so by the time he turns 15, it will certainly be in need of some work, and it will have to last that long as much as they cost.

Comment

Mechanical inclination is funny to me... I think it can certainly be a learned behavior. My dad is very intelligent but had zero mechanical inclination. I mean every oil change or tire rotation was done by someone else and cars were promptly traded in when the warranty was up. At this point he could probably change his own oil just because I've taught him to do so and he keeps most of our equipment in reasonable shape. I just taught myself because I love to tinker with things. I'm certainly no mechanic but I know enough to get myself into plenty of trouble. This thing is no different... I will just learn as I go. Plus we live in the age of YouTube.... I almost rebuilt my boat I finished last year completely off of YouTube, boat forums, and a phone call or two to the local dealer.

Comment

Man let me look around. I may still have my factory bumper somewhere. I put a Tough Country one on it. If I find it I'll PM you and you can have it.

Comment

Originally posted by TreyRo View Post
              Mechanical inclination is funny to me... I think it can certainly be a learned behavior. My dad is very intelligent but had zero mechanical inclination. I mean every oil change or tire rotation was done by someone else and cars were promptly traded in when the warranty was up. At this point he could probably change his own oil just because I've taught him to do so and he keeps most of our equipment in reasonable shape. I just taught myself because I love to tinker with things. I'm certainly no mechanic but I know enough to get myself into plenty of trouble. This thing is no different... I will just learn as I go. Plus we live in the age of YouTube.... I almost rebuilt my boat I finished last year completely off of YouTube, boat forums, and a phone call or two to the local dealer.

I am in the same boat, but some things are too much for me to tackle right now. I don't have all the tools or space, but I am slowly acquiring the tools. Several years ago, I replaced the radiator on my wifes car with the help of you tube. I like the satisfaction of doing it myself, but my wife doesn't like the time away from the family it takes. I just built all the brackets for led lights for my buggy. And installed the switches, but I'm going to let a professional wire it all up this week.

Comment

Looking great

Comment

Originally posted by freestylest22 View Post
                  Man let me look around. I may still have my factory bumper somewhere. I put a Tough Country one on it. If I find it I'll PM you and you can have it.
                  Awesome gesture thank you.

Comment

Looking good, keep it up!

Comment

Coming along nicely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Picking up some wheels today and bought some tires off here in Houston I need to pick up. Trying to figure out where to mount lights, fab up a cooler rack, and some sort of kayak support in the bed to "extend" the roof a bit.

Comment

Love some DIY. Great work, can't wait to see how it turns out

Comment

awesome work and time with dad and boy!
                            On the winch...make a 2" receiver hitch for the front, and a winch cradle ....wire it up so you can move the winch to the front or the back

Comment

How much did you save rebuilding vs. buying one in good shape?

Comment

Originally posted by hunt247 View Post
                                How much did you save rebuilding vs. buying one in good shape?
                                From what I can tell Based on the ranger market I paid just a bit over half of what nice ones are going for.... If the motor and trans hold up I'm in good shape but if something big grenades short term I'm probably not saving all that much. Saying all that, I like to tinker with stuff and If I have to rebuild anything major I'll do it myself and know it was done the way I wanted.

Comment

Working...
                                X