No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You ain't kidding. Andrew and myself are already talking hog chasing out at Granger. I keep hearing how it is gonna be a cold winter. Lol, will have to see.

Comment

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Sore finger is where the pigs are at! Ask yoga pants. No water craft required.

Also, launching a kayak/canoe setting jugs hog hunting and pulling up jugs is very ambitious. Been there done that. I highly recommend not going to sore finger for hogs, and choosing your game. Jugs or hogs. You can't have it all. Unless you plan on just working your *** off. Bring your drill instructor. After launching, setting jugs, stalking all day the last thing you want to do is have to drag a hog, then go pull all your jugs, then drag your watercraft/bow/hog/hunting gear/ fishing gear straight up the bank "again". It will make want a day off from your day off.

Sore finger rocks!!!!!!!

This message was brought to you by:

Last edited by Dirtymike; 09-30-2015, 08:32 PM.

Comment

That post is helarious but true. Pulling the kayak up the luanch is work. But if you have a couple of guys with you, team work makes it easier. But be all you can be and get on it. We will see you out there sometime.

Comment

Mike I still see about 25% more knowledge left in that bottle...

Comment

I am glad i found this thread....been looking for a good, local, free spot to chase some pigs. I have read a bunch of previous threads. One interesting post back in mid 2014 referenced hunting with dogs....is this not allowed? I have a great tracking Lacy Dog, sure would make the tracking easier. She is trained at Baying, not at CATCHING.

On a side note, I have a boat, canoe, and a kayak. If any seasoned vets need a a ride across the lake, give me a holler. This sounds like a hoot!

Comment

Originally posted by EliteZ28Bow View Post
              I am glad i found this thread....been looking for a good, local, free spot to chase some pigs. I have read a bunch of previous threads. One interesting post back in mid 2014 referenced hunting with dogs....is this not allowed? I have a great tracking Lacy Dog, sure would make the tracking easier. She is trained at Baying, not at CATCHING.

On a side note, I have a boat, canoe, and a kayak. If any seasoned vets need a a ride across the lake, give me a holler. This sounds like a hoot!
              Dogs only allowed for rabbits, squirrels, dove, quail and ducks...illegal to hunt hogs or even track a deer...

Comment

However if you have a deer tracking specific type of dog I think I personally might risk it if I shot a giant buck and couldn't find.

Comment

Deer hunting by permit only on the lake..fyi

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
                    Dogs only allowed for rabbits, squirrels, dove, quail and ducks...illegal to hunt hogs or even track a deer...
                    Or you can take your dog with if your hiking I guess...

Comment

Originally posted by EliteZ28Bow View Post

No dogs for hogs.

Comment

And rat said on earlier post they need to be leashed

Comment

Anyone planning on going anytime soon?

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
                            Very Good to know!

Comment

Another nice thing about canoes and kayaks is the ability to get your 140 lb prize back to gate 7 with a minimum of effort.

By the way, good deal Lightsouthunter; a 16 ft OldTimer with cooler rodholder for $100; that is a really great deal.
                              Last edited by NightStalker; 10-07-2015, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NightStalker View Post
                                Another nice thing about canoes and kayaks is the ability to get your 140 lb prize back to gate 7 with a minimum of effort.

By the way, good deal Lightsouthunter; a 16 ft OldTimer with cooler rodholder for $100; that is a really great deal.

NightStalker and others: are there any good areas to land a kayak on the side side of the river and not get wet? I recall last year folks said most of the banks were too steep to make a dry exit.

Comment

Working...
                                X