• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats gonna leave a mark!

Comment

I need to make me some of this

Comment

I'm giving this a go. If I can figure out a good ratio for my taste I'll be gifting this for christmas. In the cooling stage right now. On this first batch I backed down the sugar just a tad because I've heard some people (not on this site) complain about the sweetness and I'm not a fan of sweet alcohol either. Can't wait.

Has anyone tried this recipe but with light brown sugar instead of the dark? I bought some to try after I finish with this batch.

Comment

Originally posted by FishinAddict22 View Post
          I'm giving this a go. If I can figure out a good ratio for my taste I'll be gifting this for christmas. In the cooling stage right now. On this first batch I backed down the sugar just a tad because I've heard some people (not on this site) complain about the sweetness and I'm not a fan of sweet alcohol either. Can't wait.

Has anyone tried this recipe but with light brown sugar instead of the dark? I bought some to try after I finish with this batch.
          I use 1 1/2 cups of light brown sugar and no white. Actually thinking about cutting it back to 1 cup too. That apple juice has a ton of sugar already in it.

Comment

Originally posted by SKLOSS View Post
            I use 1 1/2 cups of light brown sugar and no white. Actually thinking about cutting it back to 1 cup too. That apple juice has a ton of sugar already in it.
            Who made you the go to Authority on shine?? Is your name Tickle or Popcorn?

Comment

I've got 9 pints jarred. It was a bit strong out of the pot so going to let sit till totally room temperature. Smells great though. I think if the fiance thinks it's too strong I'm going to try cutting with distilled water.

Comment

I've got 9 pints jarred. It was a bit strong out of the pot so going to let sit till totally room temperature. Smells great though. I think if the fiance thinks it's too strong I'm going to try cutting with distilled water.
                Before you cut it with water just let it sit a couple days and refrigerate it.It will tone down alittle.If still to strong then cut it with Apple Cider or Juice.

Comment

I have done something similar before, time to break out the camo apron i never worn before and get to cookin!!!!

Comment

Thanks haztech3, I put one jar in the fridge to see how cold will taste last night. I'll let it sit and try it Wednesday or Thursday. Probably going to keep sipping on the other one tonight lol. They are still drinkable just not as smooth as I'd like.

Comment

Originally posted by codfish View Post
                      Who made you the go to Authority on shine?? Is your name Tickle or Popcorn?
                      You did when u got so drunk on my shine u allowed me to draw snakes on your face!!! They call me "BIG DADDY"!!

Comment

Yes it will definitely smooth out. Its stout right out of the pot.

Comment

Oh man no kidding. My opened jar has cooled down and definitely is better cold. I really like this mix but I'm still curious how my next batch will turn out. I'm going to use the light brown sugar instead of dark. Might also leave a stick of cinnamon in the jars for a day to counter how strong the apple is.

Comment

Thanks haztech3, I put one jar in the fridge to see how cold will taste last night. I'll let it sit and try it Wednesday or Thursday. Probably going to keep sipping on the other one tonight lol. They are still drinkable just not as smooth as I'd like.
                            Anytime brother.It will continue to mellow out as the alcohol evaporates.The Cinnamon stick will give it some good flavor too just don't leave it to long.I made some peach shine from this apple recipe and it turned out Amazing.I added half a peach to each jar for a couple days and made it even better.

Comment

Posting so I can find the grocery list easy

Comment

Originally posted by haztech3 View Post
                                Anytime brother.It will continue to mellow out as the alcohol evaporates.The Cinnamon stick will give it some good flavor too just don't leave it to long.I made some peach shine from this apple recipe and it turned out Amazing.I added half a peach to each jar for a couple days and made it even better.
                                How long is too long for the cinnamon stick?

Comment

Working...
                                X