Started My Flatbed Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MySRT8U View Post
    Understandable man. If you ever decide you want to build one let me know. I'm not in any hurry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That was really the biggest hassle; time. It was an immense undertaking to get from an idea to completion in the time we had, especially since none of us had done one before. Building the bed isn't the problem. Its making all the little things work right like the toolbox lids, the hinges, the fuel filler neck, etc. Its the details that are the killer.

Maybe when things slow down we can talk more about getting one done for you. Might not be as bad if we have a few months to get it done.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucksaw View Post
      That was really the biggest hassle; time. It was an immense undertaking to get from an idea to completion in the time we had, especially since none of us had done one before. Building the bed isn't the problem. Its making all the little things work right like the toolbox lids, the hinges, the fuel filler neck, etc. Its the details that are the killer.

Maybe when things slow down we can talk more about getting one done for you. Might not be as bad if we have a few months to get it done.

Sounds good brotha. I don't need any of the tool boxes or storage. Just the bed.

Comment

Oh, well that makes it much easier.

Comment

Comment

DUUUUUUDE

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks awesome man!! Can't wait to see it on the truck!

Comment

Looking good

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Been following this from the beginning. You and your students have done a heck of a job!! Biggest project we tackled in ag was building barbecue pits and smokers which my father-n-law still has one to this day.

Comment

We built on heck of a behemoth smoker that took us 3 years to do, so we decided we weren't doing any more smokers for a while. It was 16' long made of 36" pipe (what the buyer wanted). Yeah, the truck bed was a nice change.

Comment

Very nice work!

Comment

Its done. Got it all mounted on the truck but you will have to wait until I get all the light wired in and working for pics

Comment

Ready to see it. I think it looks pretty slick.

Comment

How does your gooseneck ball mount the factory mounts? I saw one today CM makes for the coil spring 2500's they don't attach to the frame mounted crossmember for the gooseneck ball. It is just attached to the bed and the bed is bolted in 6 locations.

Comment

Mine is just a box built from 1/4" plate that attaches to the crossmember with 4 bolts and a regular gooseneck hitch for a 2500 sandwiches the frame between it and the bed.

You can see the box in post 104
                              Last edited by Bucksaw; 10-10-2016, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Payoff!!!

Got it done! Im not too crazy about the gloss black paint, mainly because Im NOT a painter and the gloss shows all the flaws. Im thinking about scuffing it up and shooting the sides and the top with some satin or semi-gloss. Ive also heard of some people rolling this stuff on with good results, so I may try that just to hide some flaws. But, its on and its functional. Taking it to the fair tomorrow. If anyone local wants to pick it apart up close, come on down to the Nacogdoches Expo Center between tomorrow and Saturday evening.

Comment

Working...
                                X