Welfare reform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welfare reform

What does everyone think? It's a baby step in the right direction. It should be a lot harsher IMO

Either way this will get interesting.

The masses are gonna revolt when they can't buy junk food with that SNAP card.

Comment

Sounds interesting but you'd certainly have to see some financials to know if it's even close to break even or saving money and providing for those in real need.

Comment

Is the Menu still the same?
        Attached Files

Comment

Sounds like a great idea. I believe it would be a good guess that 80% or more of the current cards are spent on pure junk " food" and lord knows that libs are always arguing that the poor dont live in areas where nutritious foods are readily available. But, in the end the libs will scream that this plan is raciest because you are going to limit what and where the people can buy their food. More than likely the traditional getto foods like frozen pizza and snowballs will not be allowed to be purchased. And, there will be spoiled vegies all over the streets. We all know that the poor dont want their vegies

Comment

Never gonna happen. Doesn't hurt to dream though.

Comment

I can remember as a kid every grocery store having that one Generic Food Isle. All white packaging and black labels. That was always referred to as the welfare isle. Need to go back to those days

Comment

There needs to be reform. This is a step. I like that it provides American produced food. They also need to limit it to citizens only.

I heard a commercial the other day about ATT providing low cost broadband to people on the SNAP. I am sure we are paying for that too.

Comment

American farmers are praying for this also.

Comment

Obviously welfare reform needs to happen, hopefully this is the first step in the process. I don't understand how with unemployment at an all time low this country still spend so much on welfare. Let's start by seeking out fraudulent abusers of the system and banning them from ever receiving a single penny from any and all government assistance. I know it's a dream but it is what needs to happen.

Comment

I remember back in the day folks would get the powdered milk, blocks of cheese and other items the government would hand out. We ate a lot of it back then and was glad to get it. I see no problem with going back to that system.

Comment

Great idea to reduce costs, but it sounds like it would require significant government administration and huge infrastructure.

My concern is government inefficiency making the program more expensive than planned. I do not believe the government can do anything more efficiently than the private sector. Look at the postal service, healthcare, etc. Sounds great on paper though. Hopefully they can figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by doright View Post
                          I remember back in the day folks would get the powdered milk, blocks of cheese and other items the government would hand out. We ate a lot of it back then and was glad to get it. I see no problem with going back to that system.
                          You just aged yourself.
                          My BIL went through this until he moved out at 18. Told me he found out his mother was the worst cook on the planet. Well he lived and prospered.....

Comment

I just love when people load up on junk food and pre made sammiches at a convenience store, pay with a welfare card while talking on a smart phone, with their two arms covered ink on full display. Then pull out a twenty and buy 2 packs of smokes.

Comment

I saw a lady get ****** that her EBT funds would not buy dog food. So she sent her boy to go get a couple roasts to feed him

Comment

Working...
                              X