View Single Post
Old 11-07-2018, 03:36 PM   #1
roysmoke
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hill Country
Default Brady Management 9

I connected with this 9pt we named "Kansas". He had just started showing on cameras a few days before I hunted him. He is a traveling deer we have seen show up each year when the rut starts.

Here is a picture of when we first saw him 3 years ago.
Name:  Kansas side og.jpg
Views: 1411
Size:  117.6 KB

Name:  Kansas back og.jpg
Views: 1413
Size:  96.3 KB

Here is a pic from this year. FYI, the taxidermist (Chance Love) had the deer's teeth at 9+.
Name:  Kansas 2018.jpg
Views: 1402
Size:  76.4 KB

When I got in the tripod I set up my Ozonics to handle the current wind. About 15 minutes into my sit I had a deer snort downwind and realized the back of my neck was cold and the wind had shifted blowing my scent directly to the feeder 12 yards away! I adjusted the Ozonics and kept my fingers crossed but really thought I had no chance with this strong wind at my back and so many deer directly down wind. About 30 minutes went by and I was covered up in deer. The wind had not shifted and I kept my head directly under the ozonics. I did not have any deer snort at me and a few minutes later Kansas arrived with no alarm. The rest is on the video. Here is a link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaDY...ature=youtu.be

Sorry for the choppy video. I was running short for time in the editing department.

[ATTACH]Name:  Kansas dead.jpg
Views: 1406
Size:  81.5 KB[/ATTACH]
Attached Images

roysmoke is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top