No announcement yet.

Cooper Discovery ATP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are on my truck. So far have 30k on them and they are still looking good. Fairly quiet and pretty decent in the mud and sand. I would run them again.

Comment

I barely got 30k on my last set with a 2500 dodge diesel. A little disappointed. But maybe I just pull too much with them. For the value they seem good.

Comment

Mine are cupped pretty bad and noisy... Getting my alignment checked again tuesday however as that might be the culprit. They seem nice and smooth the cupping has just gotten pretty bad.

Comment

I don't have that particular tire, but my parents and uncle (owns a tire shop) have bought Coopers for as long as I can remember. They have had phenomenal luck with the Discoverer S/T's on their 2001 Tacoma 4x4, 2010 Tacoma Crew 4x4, 97 3/4 Ton F250 4x4and 2012 2500 Z71.

Just 2-3 months ago on my 2008 Tundra I went from the 305/65R18 BFG AT/2 that I was getting only 25,000 miles on, to the 305/70R18 Cooper Discoverer S/T Maxx. We shall see on how they do on tread life.

Comment

Cooper Discovery ATP

Just want to throw this Cooper ATP story out there- on my way to the lease this last trip I could feel something funny with my trucks front end (6.7 F-250 4wd)
            I figured the steering stabilizer had clapped out and needed replaced.
            On my way home, Between Mason and Llano the front end started to hop so I was wondering if a tire had thrown a weight .

A tire shop in Llano showed me one of my front tires had a flat spot and said it had slipped a belt.
            He swapped it out for the spare ( best $10 I’ve spent in a while) - while we ate at DQ across the street [emoji51].
            Truck went back to driving smoothly.

Anyhow today Discount tire comped me for the tire. The tire had 62,000 miles on it and still had enough tread to fall under their road hazard warranty.

I got 2 new tires with certs for $315 out the door.
            I was expecting $500 plus.

Why just 2 tires? one of the original 4 got a gash in it last year at 53,000 miles so I replaced two at that time instead of having just one new tire on the ground (They warrantied that one as well).
            So FWIW, I’m still a Cooper tire and Discount fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Last edited by DaveC; 01-10-2018, 04:25 PM.

Comment

I'm running them on my 2014 F150, no complaints.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by tmurray; 01-10-2018, 04:32 PM.

Comment

My experience with them was pretty good. Got a little over 50k out of the first set and could have probably went about 5k longer but had one get shredded by a piece of a road barricade with huge nails that a construction crew had lost on a local toll road. Discount replaced that one and I had the other 3 done while I was there since they were getting close.

I sold the 2nd set along with my stock wheels to a neighbor that has a similar truck, they had around 20k on them when I changed them and looked great. As mentioned earlier, keep them rotated and balanced at realistic intervals and they'll do you fine. Great on road in wet weather and very good in sand, though I found them to be pretty lacking in mud (they're all terrains and not really aggressive so I wasn't expecting the world).

They impressed me enough that I went with Cooper STT Pro's when I went with my aftermarket wheels, 295/70/18 which depending on who you believe, measure out to somewhere around 34.25. Also a good tire, they do very good in mud, still better than what you might think on wet pavement and seem to be wearing fairly well on my 2014 Ram 1500 4x4. I had them rotated last week with a total of just under 15k on them and the manager at the local Discount remarked about how good they look like they're doing.

Comment

Working...
                X