Leakey TX Aoudad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leakey TX Aoudad

Well TBHers, I post to much but enjoy reading all yalls advice and and watching live threads and kills. My first year on this lease. I have to scratch a bow kill Aoudad off my list. I was sitting in the tree stand with perfect wind in my face, checking my phone for updates on the Red River Shoot out, that’s another discussion. I didn’t set this tree stand up, it’s been up for a while and there was no padding on the seat. I was standing up to stretch as I was a see a Aoudad about 60 yards looking at me and I just froze for what felt like forever. I slowly sat back down. I could tell he was a good one, I hear rocks clinking. I see him coming from my right, I had hand corn at 20yards. He got to the corn and he knew I was there and looked up at me. I just stayed still and was mentally measuring his horns. Keep in mind, iv never shot one. Swooping curls, he looked up one more time and turned like he was going to bolt. I slowly drew back and placed the Ramcat about 2” above his shoulder, I squeezed and heard the Thwack !! Seen him starting running back to my right, about 40yards watched him start to wobble and drop like a ton of brinks. Pin wheeled him. My heart was pumping, and instantly started shaking. Waited about 20min and got down with no trailing job. 28” and weighed 265LBS. If anyone could help me post LDPs would be great

361-227-2005 text me I'll get them up congrats !

Comment

Congrats!!!!

Comment

Nice! Congrats! Waiting on those pics...

Comment

Pics
          Attached Files

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Very nice, congrats

Comment

Congratulations and great write-up. Soak it in!!! That is a Half body mount for sure!

Comment

Congrats! Nice!

Comment

Stud!!!

Comment

Congrats and hell of a ram!! Specially a bow kill looks like that ramcat ate him up.

Comment

Thank you very much. I was stoked, I Read lots of reviews on here and wanted to try them out. They did the job !!

Comment

Royal: I am getting a wall mount pedestal for sure.

Comment

Nice one!

Comment

Very nice Ram. Congrats

Comment

Working...
                              X