No announcement yet.

Kids hunting license/divorced parents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He just left. He's already contacted his attorney. She doesn't pay child support, but looks like she might start soon. Play stupid games!

Comment

That is just flat wrong to do a kid like that

Needs a good slap upside the head ( legal slap would be just as good and sounds like she is about to get it )

Comment

Sounds like my ex brother in law. He didn't do that but wouldn't let us take my nephews hunting cause he wanted to be the first to do so. He was always deployed and when he was home he never made the time. Still does stuff to make things difficult on my sister.

Comment

I just can't imagine doing it to my kids no matter what!

Comment

Originally posted by brianlg31 View Post
            He just left. He's already contacted his attorney. She doesn't pay child support, but looks like she might start soon. Play stupid games!
            Bet I know how this one turns out.

Comment

I have no use for people who pull this crap with kids. You want to hurt me, go ahead, but don't use kids to do it.
              I agree 100%...they don't give a rats hind end about their kids IMO

Comment

Originally posted by SneakyPhil View Post
                Sounds like my ex brother in law. He didn't do that but wouldn't let us take my nephews hunting cause he wanted to be the first to do so. He was always deployed and when he was home he never made the time. Still does stuff to make things difficult on my sister.
                Mine wife had twins when we married, their father has demanded to be the one to purchase our sons first firearm. Okay, I can understand that. So for 3 years now, we have wanted to get my son and her son both their first own rifles. I've held off on getting my son his, so that they would both have their own to shoot with when we go to the farm. Stepsons father demands over and over that it's his right to purchase his sons first firearm, and told my wife he was getting him one every year for the last 3 years. 3 years in a row, he's lied. I'm done waiting...my wife told him last year that he'd better buy it then, or forfeit that right. He didn't...she's not waiting another year I'm sure he'll be PO'ed, but the twins are turning 12 this year and he's been asking for a Henry Lever Action .22 or a O/U 20 gauge.

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
                  Mine wife had twins when we married, their father has demanded to be the one to purchase our sons first firearm. Okay, I can understand that. So for 3 years now, we have wanted to get my son and her son both their first own rifles. I've held off on getting my son his, so that they would both have their own to shoot with when we go to the farm. Stepsons father demands over and over that it's his right to purchase his sons first firearm, and told my wife he was getting him one every year for the last 3 years. 3 years in a row, he's lied. I'm done waiting...my wife told him last year that he'd better buy it then, or forfeit that right. He didn't...she's not waiting another year I'm sure he'll be PO'ed, but the twins are turning 12 this year and he's been asking for a Henry Lever Action .22 or a O/U 20 gauge.
                  Shoot....Santa brought me that gun Dad... That's all I know.[emoji3]

oh look...what is that?

Comment

Originally posted by JayB View Post
                    Shoot....Santa brought me that gun Dad... That's all I know.[emoji3]

oh look...what is that?

Comment

That's the greatest thing I've read in awhile!!!!

On to the original question, it is the Kids license for HIS lifetime, not Mom's. If your buddy calls to the GW headquarters in Austin and inquires on Lifetime Licenses, he'll talk to the lady in charge and she can answer any questions. She's real nice, super helpful and is the one who processed mine and answered all my questions since I decided to buy right before I moved out of state.

Comment

My ex wife pulls crrap like that all the time. Told my son when he was 7 that Santa wasn't going to be able to find him if he went with Dad to Disney for Christmas.
                        She'll get hers one day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Call the Game Warden!!!
                          You are not allowed to hold a license that is not yours. License belongs to the kid. Doesn't matter who paid for it. She is in violation by even having it in her possession.

The profanity filter on TBH is limiting how I really feel, but this C-U-Next-Tuesday needs a visit from the Game Warden to explain this to her face.

Lets apply the same thing to a Drivers License.
                          You cant take your kids drivers license. That is illegal. Same thing. You can take the kids car if you bought it, but not the license.

If she really wants to fight this, then it may have to go back to court and be put in the divorce papers (*Edit, I see this is already getting underway lol)
                          Last edited by DirtyDave; 11-05-2017, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Justice for Dad

This situation reminded me of Judge Judy berating an ex-wife for denying visitation.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZ9XQFxU6Po"]Judge Judy explains PARENTAL ALIENATION to Hateful Mum - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Just take her to court. Judge won't appreciate her attitude. And it will set the rules going forward. And if your friend decides to go for 50/50 at some point, a record of this won't be bad to have.

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
                                You Snooze, you loose. If I had to wait for my stepkids bio-dad to do anything lol. I treat the kids as my own and do as we please. He was ticked I took my daughter to hunters safety class for her 10th bday and got her license. He's not a hunter and doesnt think the kids should be shooting/hunting lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X