Ouch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post
        Ouch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is what it is. Typical Govt in action

Comment

If one gets a trust do they have to go through the long wait to purchase more suppressors?

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
            If one gets a trust do they have to go through the long wait to purchase more suppressors?
            I just bought my second suppressor from SilencerShop, they retain your records so there’s no paperwork that needs to be done on your end the second time around (assuming your trust is already set up and they have the info on file).

You still have to go through the wait for approval of the tax stamp, every time..

Someone else posted something about just buying one every year so that you’ve always got one on the way.. I like that idea

Comment

Is it faster if you go as an invidual? Or a trust?

Comment

About the same now

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                  About the same now

Sierracharlie out…
                  Not the data I am seeing. 324 days for trust vs 212 for individual. Everyone claims the backlog will clear but I haven't seen anything concrete to convince me.

http://www.nfatracker.com/nfa-transfer-time-tracking/

Comment

How the s*** is a trust taking longer than an individual?? That’s news to me. When I bought mine the trust was way faster.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

How the s*** is a trust taking longer than an individual?? That’s news to me. When I bought mine the trust was way faster.

Sierracharlie out…
                      This has happened since 41F. I think it was the ATF punishing trust holders. Look at the curve and the individuals immediately started bending down (now 3-4 months) and the Trusts just started bending down (now 9-12 months)

Comment

Sierracharlie out…
                        been this way for months

Comment

That is some BS if I ever heard it! Darn alphabet agencies....

Comment

Sierracharlie out…
                            Possibly on purpose to sway people to individuals but there’s more paperwork involved with a trust since there’s multiple people on a trust.

Comment

I had lunch with a guy from ATF recently. They're just a bureaucracy. The examiners aren't out to treat Trusts like a red-headed stepchild. They were given almost no guidance on how to process Trusts post-41F. No help on how to delineate Responsible Persons. As a result, they just left all the Trusts in a pile while they worked on what they knew how to process: Individuals.

Eventually, guidance was disseminated about how to process Trusts. So now they've turned back to the paperwork mountain and started to tackle it. That's why you see Trust times coming down.

Their methods are archaic. Anyone who used E-Forms knows that software is from the 1980s. But it sure beats #WaitingForHPA

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                                I had lunch with a guy from ATF recently. They're just a bureaucracy. The examiners aren't out to treat Trusts like a red-headed stepchild. They were given almost no guidance on how to process Trusts post-41F. No help on how to delineate Responsible Persons. As a result, they just left all the Trusts in a pile while they worked on what they knew how to process: Individuals.

Eventually, guidance was disseminated about how to process Trusts. So now they've turned back to the paperwork mountain and started to tackle it. That's why you see Trust times coming down.

Their methods are archaic. Anyone who used E-Forms knows that software is from the 1980s. But it sure beats #WaitingForHPA

I work for a government agency and this does not surprise me one bit. Just frustrating. But that’s what the government is good at!

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Working...
                                X