No announcement yet.

Pressured Deer Are EASY To Pattern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great job little David and Uncle Garguy. Huge bodied Ole deer there.

Comment

Thanks for all the info on this great thread guys and congrats to all the successful hunters! I hunt a lease in Newton county and I know there has to be some studs somewhere. Hard part for me is that I have designated spots so for the most part I can't be mobile and make adjustments. My question is how would I go about making "my" spot as productive as possible? I feel like both of my spots are in good areas, but I've yet to connect on a good deer. Any info would be greatly appreciated and happy New Years!

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post
        Thanks for all the info on this great thread guys and congrats to all the successful hunters! I hunt a lease in Newton county and I know there has to be some studs somewhere. Hard part for me is that I have designated spots so for the most part I can't be mobile and make adjustments. My question is how would I go about making "my" spot as productive as possible? I feel like both of my spots are in good areas, but I've yet to connect on a good deer. Any info would be greatly appreciated and happy New Years!
        Do you have a designated "Stand" or just an area? If you have an area, even a small move can do it with hand corn. Im hunting within a couple hundred yards of feeders. Tons of mature deer on the handcorn and not a single pic of them at the feeders. Also, property where a stand has been in place for years educates a generation of deer that they are being hunted from the spot.

Comment

Me and dad plan to make another swing at LongBeam this evening. I have another stud 8pt coming too and A friend will be bowhunting him. Gonna kill me because he likely wont have ph service to keep me updated so I wont know how he did until i get back to the truck and pic him up.

I have now been responsible for the death of 18 deer this season and a bunch of hogs. Lets make it 20!

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
            Me and dad plan to make another swing at LongBeam this evening. I have another stud 8pt coming too and A friend will be bowhunting him. Gonna kill me because he likely wont have ph service to keep me updated so I wont know how he did until i get back to the truck and pic him up.

I have now been responsible for the death of 18 deer this season and a bunch of hogs. Lets make it 20!
            Congrats to little David and hopefully your dad can put longbeam down this evening!

Comment

Update?

Comment

I hope you hit 20 and are trailing/cleaning the victims.

Comment

Originally posted by boy wonder View Post
                  I hope you hit 20 and are trailing/cleaning the victims.
                  We hit 19... My buddy slung an arrow through ol CrissCross at 430 yesterday evening.

Comment

awesome!

Comment

Another interesting note.... I have five deer that have shed one or both antlers in the last three days.

Comment

Another interesting note.... I have five deer that have shed one or both antlers in the last three days.
                        I have a small buck here at the house that has dropped one side also. At first I thought he broke it but it is slick even with the skull.

Comment

I have had a big 8pt on camera all season that has NEVER been seen in daylight. His main beams almost cross and I named him CrissCross. I have a friend that really liked him and told me if he ever got right to call him. The week before Christmas he settled into my sanctuary and started hitting the corn pile several times per night. Then he started coming right after dark and leaving just before daybreak. I knew he was laying out there thinking about corn all day since the rut ended.

Last monday, during the rain, he showed up in daylight for the first time. Three days ago, he showed at 342 pm, I pulled the card yesterday and he had been in Friday evening and again yesterday morning. I made the phone call.

We got him set up in a Loc-on about 25ft high and 18yds from the vanilla corn pile about 315. At 430pm, he came in just like he was supposed to and circled around the corn. My friend blew a Schwacker through both lungs at about 27yds. He made a short 40yd dash and fell over.

Congrats, my friend who has no wish to be posted on the net! Pressured deer are EASY to pattern!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Another awesome deer, congratulations to the hunter....

Comment

Well I posted Lil Davids buck but didnt post his brothers deer so to make things equal... here we go.

All four of my little nephews have killed deer this year. Jesse and Lil David both killed multiple does with my cross bow and Aaron and James killed with a rifle. Now Jesse wanted a buck bad as it has been two years since he shot a big 8pt, About 3 weeks ago, I had at least ten bucks hitting a stand every day including two old geezers. It was a tent blind in a super thicket that I have a perfect entrance and exit from. the deer were cleaning up 50lbs of vanilla corn every day and I figured it was time to hunt it as soon as the wind got right.

I picked Jesse up a little early from school and we got in about 315. By 4 we were just slap covered with deer at 20yds. Several 1.5 year olds trying to herd 8 does away from the corn. Jesse was read to shoot and i had to hold him off a couple of spikes. About 415, everything spooked and we saw a buck working in. It was a pretty high and heavy 8pt. I know he wasnt old but Jesses excitement caused me to give in. Can I shoot him? Can I???? Okay! the words were barely whispered when the 280 boomed and the deer flopped. Atta boy Jesse.
                              Attached Files

Comment

The kids smile says it all!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X