No announcement yet.

Boudain stuffed backstrap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That looks amazing! I'm going to try and make it for the guys at the fire station. Thanks!

Comment

Can't wait for opening day. Makes you wish every deer had more backstraps

Comment

how should this get cooked with out a smoker, just got an oven

Comment

Originally posted by trjones87 View Post
          how should this get cooked with out a smoker, just got an oven
          prepare loin as shown, place loin in cake pan on a rack. (placing loin on a rack allows grease to drip away from meat. u dont want the loin soakin up all the grease. ) set oven on 250 degrees and cook for 2-2 1/2 hours.

Comment

I've gotta try this, sounds so good. You have any good steak recipes?

Comment

dang!

Comment

yes, the DJ's Spicy with the red label is awesome. Won't eat anything else unless it's homemade from south La.

Comment

Wow this looks good. Will have to give it a shot, thanks for posting!

Comment

Man thanks for posting this I got to try it soon.

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter View Post
                      1/2 venison backstrap or porkloin
                      1 link boudain (spicy or mild, your choice)
                      1 pack pepperjack cheese
                      1 pack bacon

slice loin as shown
                      season meat to taste w/ garlic salt and cracked pepper
                      add 4 or 5 slices of pepperjack cheese
                      remove casing from boudain and place on cheese
                      fold meat over and wrap w/ bacon
                      cook for 4 hours on smoker (I like pecan wood) @ 240 degrees

enjoy!
                      Did you cook directly on grill? Wrap in foil? How many will a 2 1/2 lb loin feed? I want to cook this for the guys at the fire station.

Comment

sounds yummy

Comment

Originally posted by thorntoncw View Post
                          Did you cook directly on grill? Wrap in foil? How many will a 2 1/2 lb loin feed? I want to cook this for the guys at the fire station.
                          No, I cooked in a smoker. If you cook directly on the grill, build your fire to one side, brown loin on all sides over the fire, then move the the other side. dont wrap loin cuz all the bacon grease will make everything soggy. If you figure 1/2# per person, 2 1/2# will feed 5 people. (depends on how big a boys you're gonna be feedin!)

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter View Post
                            No, I cooked in a smoker. If you cook directly on the grill, build your fire to one side, brown loin on all sides over the fire, then move the the other side. dont wrap loin cuz all the bacon grease will make everything soggy. If you figure 1/2# per person, 2 1/2# will feed 5 people. (depends on how big a boys you're gonna be feedin!)
                            Our grill has a fire box. Was planning on using the firebox to smoke meat. Should I still brown first then smoke?

Comment

Originally posted by thorntoncw View Post
                              Our grill has a fire box. Was planning on using the firebox to smoke meat. Should I still brown first then smoke?
                              no need to brown first if you got a smoker.

Comment

Skeeter,
                                This is an amazing recipe. I did cook it up and even my bil that I think has an eating disorder was licking his plate when he was done.
                                I've got another one wrapped now, and my wife was telling me she wished I would cook it already because it looked so good, but we already had chili so its going to have to wait till tomorrow to be smoked.
                                I opened mine up like a pocket basically butterflying the inside with small pockets to fill with cream cheese, Sharp Cabot cheese, boudain, wrapped with maple Bacon, then top it off smeared it with brown sugar and maple syrup. My wife and kids have a sweet tooth so the pepperjack and jalapenos are out this time.
                                Looking forward to dinner tomorrow!!

Comment

Working...
                                X