Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
    Spend that on a "bass" boat.
    No crap! I'd rather spend that a year on fuel for a real boat.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
      We get it man!! We get it.
      Did you get suckered into a $100k bass boat?

Comment

Wow.

Comment

I am not a boat person, what makes a boat worth that much? That is a serious question, not bashing fisherman. Even for pro fisherman (or pro wake boarders using Nelson's example), that seems like such a small niche that I don't see how a manufacturer can stay in business charging so much. I wonder how many they sell in a year, I bet a lot. I need a new profession I think if people can really afford $80k trucks and $100k bass boats to go catch some fish on Saturday.

Comment

Yeah it's gotten out of hand. Pull that new boat with the new F250 and you got $200K rolling down the highway.

Comment

Originally posted by stickbowcoop View Post
              I need a new profession I think if people can really afford $80k trucks and $100k bass boats to go catch some fish on Saturday.
              Think about it this way:

Most people that buy 100K boats and 80K trucks can't really afford them.
              People that can actually afford them, don't buy them.

Obviously not in all cases, but I bet it is true more often than not.

Comment

Bay boats are ridiculous too. Unless you go buy an 18ft Mako with a 100hp on the back from Bass Pro, you might as well get ready to spend 60-80k as well.

Comment

Just like everything else that is a luxury item... theres some idiot out there that will pay that price so itll keep going up.

Not only is it a bass boat....its the slowest dang one in the industry

Comment

Originally posted by Saltyag15 View Post
                    Bay boats are ridiculous too. Unless you go buy an 18ft Mako with a 100hp on the back from Bass Pro, you might as well get ready to spend 60-80k as well.
                    True, but the right bay boat can be much more functional. You can drop it in the lake and be fine, hit the bay or even a little ways offshore when it flattens out. Plus Texas tarpon!

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                      Think about it this way:

Most people that buy 100K boats and 80K trucks can't really afford them.
                      People that can actually afford them, don't buy them.

Obviously not in all cases, but I bet it is true more often than not.
                      That's because today's society just looks at the monthly note. They see they can afford monthly note and they pull the trigger, not even considering what it's going to cost over the course of the loan.

Comment

Yep,, boats are expensive!!!

Comment

Everything is getting expensive. remember you need that 75K truck to pull it. Also they are dishing out 10 year notes on these things.

Comment

Bay boats are outrageous Also. At least bass boats are coming with a power pole, electronics on the dash and bow, trolling motor, hot foot, tons of storage, etc. When you purchase a Shoalwater or anything in that realm of boats, you get a deck and that's it.

Comment

I sure enjoy mine, I am one of those idiots who have a 75K boat and a 70K truck, since I wrote a check for them i am not as big of an idiot as some.

Comment

Bust out another (hundred) thousand

Comment

Working...
                                X