No announcement yet.

Gamo Airguns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use these pellets in my Gamo Whisper Quiet. Red Polymer tip so they fly straight and act like a hollow point when they hit.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bassdeer View Post
      MidwayUSA has a Youth Model for $34.44

Gamo G-Force Tactical Break Barrel Air Rifle 177 Caliber Pellet Black Synthetic Stock Matte Barrel on sale for

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/98...k-matte-barrel
      I grabbed one a few weeks ago for my nephew. Dang good deal. $100 everywhere else. Gamo quality.

Comment

Originally posted by fishycatfish View Post
        Yeah, probably the pellet. I have never got any of the pointed pellets to shoot good. I moved to pcp's but I've had good luck with the JSB pellets in pcp and springers.
        Originally posted by tazhunter0 View Post
        Get you some JSB’s or Polymags. My WoodWalker pcp likes H&N’s 18.3 grain and groups about the size of a nickel at 25 yards. That’s not bad for a pistol.
        Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
        I use these pellets in my Gamo Whisper Quiet. Red Polymer tip so they fly straight and act like a hollow point when they hit.
        I figured it was the pellet, I will try one of these. Thanks!

Comment

I just bought these, will also try the poly tip ones next.
          Attached Files

Comment

Mine is picky about pellets accuracy wise.

Comment

TXHUNT3R,
              If you have a chronograph, you can greatly improve your accuracy with any air gun by KNOWING what velocity it is shooting... The break barrel guns aren't really tunable other than changing pellet weights with respect to speed of the pellets. The conventional diablo shaped pellets are not stable at high speeds, but they are very stable within their ideal speed range... For a .177 caliber pellet you need to get your speed down to around 750-800 fps for the best accuracy. Beyond that, you will get spiraling of the pellets and reduced accuracy at ranges beyond 25-30 yards. For .22 cal. you can get them up to 850-900 tops to maintain accuracy...
              The way you get the optimum accuracy out of a break barrel gun is to shoot heavier pellets in them that slows their speed down. You can buy a "pellet sampler" of the JSB pellets (probably the most accurate and consistent pellet manufacturer short of custom molds) from Pyramid Air (www.pyramidair.com). They have a tin of pellets with about 5 or 6 different pellet weights in partitions in the tin. That way you can shoot some of each weight to determine which ones shoot the best, then buy tins of that one. When I'm working on a new gun, I start with the heaviest pellet and work my way down until I start to get group spread to pick the right pellet. I start at 25 yards. A good break barrel should just make a ragged hole with 5 shots... Gamo's are not generally considered high quality guns. They are however a great start to a BAD addiction!!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                TXHUNT3R,
                If you have a chronograph, you can greatly improve your accuracy with any air gun by KNOWING what velocity it is shooting... The break barrel guns aren't really tunable other than changing pellet weights with respect to speed of the pellets. The conventional diablo shaped pellets are not stable at high speeds, but they are very stable within their ideal speed range... For a .177 caliber pellet you need to get your speed down to around 750-800 fps for the best accuracy. Beyond that, you will get spiraling of the pellets and reduced accuracy at ranges beyond 25-30 yards. For .22 cal. you can get them up to 850-900 tops to maintain accuracy...
                The way you get the optimum accuracy out of a break barrel gun is to shoot heavier pellets in them that slows their speed down. You can buy a "pellet sampler" of the JSB pellets (probably the most accurate and consistent pellet manufacturer short of custom molds) from Pyramid Air (www.pyramidair.com). They have a tin of pellets with about 5 or 6 different pellet weights in partitions in the tin. That way you can shoot some of each weight to determine which ones shoot the best, then buy tins of that one. When I'm working on a new gun, I start with the heaviest pellet and work my way down until I start to get group spread to pick the right pellet. I start at 25 yards. A good break barrel should just make a ragged hole with 5 shots... Gamo's are not generally considered high quality guns. They are however a great start to a BAD addiction!!

Wow, thank you for the knowledge!! I will be asking you things as I go since you are the air gun guru around

Comment

Here's the .22 cal. pellet sampler...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    Here's the .22 cal. pellet sampler...

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/p/JSB_M...ypes_240ct/959
                    Sent you a PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X