Traditional FSC Week 26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traditional FSC Week 26

Pun alert: With the change of seasons, let's shoot our spare change.

Simple challenge: Fold a blank piece of paper horizontally and vertically to get an intersection for the center of the paper. With the paper laid horizontally (landscaper mode for new-agers), place a dollar bill at the center and trace around it, making a pinpoint dot at the center of the intersection (this will be the tie-breaker target). Then trace around a quarter so that it is touching the top left corner of the bill image; so on with at nickel at top right; a penny at bottom right; and a dime at the bottom left position.

Challenge is to shoot five arrows, with the first one shot from 15 yards at the pinpoint center dot on the dollar bill tracing (measure this shot if on the bill for proximity to center dot). Next shots will be shot clockwise from top left at corner coins: quarter, 14 yards; nickel, 13 yards; penny, 12 yards; dime, 11 yards. Highest total amount of change wins. Go ahead and measure and post dollar shot distance (nearest shaft edge) to center point for tie-breaker, just in case. All line cutters count as hits for their respective target.

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
    Pun alert: With the change of seasons, let's shoot our spare change.

Simple challenge: Fold a blank piece of paper horizontally and vertically to get an intersection for the center of the paper. With the paper laid horizontally (landscaper mode for new-agers), place a dollar bill at the center and trace around it, making a pinpoint dot at the center of the intersection (this will be the tie-breaker target). Then trace around a quarter so that it is touching the top left corner of the bill image; so on with at nickel at top right; a penny at bottom right; and a dime at the bottom left position.

Challenge is to shoot five arrows, with the first one shot from 15 yards at the pinpoint center dot on the dollar bill tracing (measure this shot if on the bill for proximity to center dot). Next shots will be shot clockwise from top left at corner coins: quarter, 14 yards; nickel, 13 yards; penny, 12 yards; dime, 11 yards. Highest total amount of change wins. Go ahead and measure and post dollar shot distance (nearest shaft edge) to center point for tie-breaker, just in case. All line cutters count as hits for their respective target.
    Should look something like this:

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Comment

I'll get the ball rolling. Would have liked a little better precision, but nothing over about 1-1/2" out. Started out pretty well with 1-1/4" from center point on the dollar. Just couldn't quite hit any of the coin shots, though. So total is $1 even.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Comment

Any shooters?

Comment

I couldn't hit the ground with my butt if I fell backwards. Still working out of a slump.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

But you shot a nice piggy at 3Fingers!

And, I bet if you fell out of a boat you could hit water!

Comment

Any shooters?
              I'll shoot soon.
              Smashed the crap out the index finger on my string hand while cutting tile yesterday. It's sore as heck right now.

Rick

Comment

Aw man, hope your finger feels better soon, Rick.

Can't let that home improvement stuff interfere with vital archery interests!

Comment

But you shot a nice piggy at 3Fingers!

And, I bet if you fell out of a boat you could hit water!
                  About a 5 yard shot off my knees at a pig turning to take off. Wasn't a classic set up. I was within 10 yards of pigs several times but thick brush and trees jumping in the way save them.

Comment

Tell you what, Gary, I want to figure out some moving target shots for the FSC. Point of these challenges is to prepare us for hunting. Hunting targets don't always stay still and wait to be shot.

Edit: I know that you sure made a perfect shot on that 124-lb running hog a few weeks ago!
                    Last edited by tradtiger; 06-24-2018, 10:01 PM.

Comment

I would like to. Shooting in the yard, or even on 3D will only prepare us for so much. That kind of hunting is a lot tougher, although more fun and rewarding when it works.
                      I'll get this drawn up and shot. I have scouts the first two nights this week though.

Comment

You should have offered a cash payout of the amount hit to the highest score.:0

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                          You should have offered a cash payout of the amount hit to the highest score.:0
                          Nah, don't want to jeopardize anyone's amateur status ....

Comment

🤣[emoji23]

Comment

Shooters?

Simple set-up. Git er done!

Comment

Working...
                              X