No announcement yet.

Hurricane in Houston?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=FLASH_OUTDOORS;13437506]Has anybody heard from anyone in Beaumont? How are they fairing? I’ve never seen a system just sit somewhere like this before.

5" to 7" of rain has fallen and they expect more for today but most of the area should be fine...

Comment

Yea worried about the greater Beaumont area...............

Comment

Here is a great website for the SETX area for total rainfalls as current as last 30 minutes and far out as 14 days.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
          Harvey did. That trail in the gulf that keeps hitting Beaumont looks just like the bands that Harvey produced that seemed to never stop coming.
          Harvey bands might have looked like this on the radar but it hasn't rained for 5 minutes as hard as it rained for hours at a time during Harvey yet over here.

Comment

I'm in the Beaumont area, there have been reports of 10+" in some areas. Farm Logs said I got 5.64" in 24 hr period and more to come.....

Reminds me of Harvey some, I"m just glad we were in a small drought but harvey did not have the hour let ups it rained HARD for DAYS!!!

Comment

6" rain gauge ran over here at shop in Taft. 10" in Woodsboro at buds barn. 4" at house in Sinton. So far........

Comment

Originally posted by Breezy View Post
                6" rain gauge ran over here at shop in Taft. 10" in Woodsboro at buds barn. 4" at house in Sinton. So far........

We had around 3” in Edroy. Closer to 1.5” at my house in Portland. FIL has 2.5” across town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good radar site? My future radar keeps showing us getting slammed by rain immediately after the present but it doesn’t happen. It did the same thing all day yesterday.

Comment

Not sure where you are located..

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                      Has anybody heard from anyone in Beaumont? How are they fairing? I’ve never seen a system just sit somewhere like this before.

Beaumont doing ok. Port Arthur and groves (where I live) not so much. Stalled cars and rising water. My house is close to taking water again.

Edit: I guess I should say that the places in Beaumont that I know of are doing OK.
                      Last edited by JLivi1224; 06-19-2018, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Where can I look to see the forecast for the Chandeleur Islands for the 28-July 1?

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                          Beaumont doing ok. Port Arthur and groves (where I live) not so much. Stalled cars and rising water. My house is close to taking water again.
                          SOB!!!! sorry bud

Comment

Edit: I guess I should say that the places in Beaumont that I know of are doing OK.
                            Stay safe. Hate to see the situation unfolding over there so soon after Harvey.

Houston so far very fortunate that a band like that hasn't set up. Have a feeling that may be changing later. Nasty looking cell approaching me here in Katy area, and radar in gulf seems to show the gap between the Beaumont band & Victoria band starting to fill in. Stay weather aware!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers for you brother!!

Comment

still coming down here in Beaumont. Like others have mentioned there have been enough breaks in between to allow it to drain down in most areas.

Something else to consider, a lot of the flooding here during Harvey came from bayous and rivers that were catching the rain north of here. Those areas aren't getting hit as hard as they did in Harvey either.

Sorry to hear about that JLivi. Hopefully the rain will slack up enough to keep it from getting back in your house.

Comment

Working...
                                X