No announcement yet.

Hurricane in Houston?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright experts- is this is? Little rain to speak of in Houston today, and not much anywhere west of I45. Will that change? I have seen some of the models showing substantial rain for the I45 south corridor but that doesn't seem to be materializing, at least not yet. I have a while, but have to make the call whether to do the metro park and ride or drive in to town from Magnolia again tomorrow. Was a waste of effort and parking fees today, but a peace of mind knowing I could bail if need be.

Comment

Originally posted by smart View Post
      what a disappointment so far...
      x7563597

Comment

I’m sitting at the back porch bar in Port A. Not a whole lot here yet. When it decides to finally move we have the possibility of a decent amount of rain.It is definitely slow moving.

Comment

We have been getting pounded in Beaumont for a couple hours now. Should make for a fun drive home if its still doing this...

Comment

been raining in Liberty nice and slow all day...sleeping weather

Comment

Beaumont area is getting absolutely hammered today. Pretty much non stop rain over there, and flood warnings went out not too long ago. That area was hit extremely hard during Harvey so hopefully they catch a break soon.

I don't think this is over here in the Houston area, or necessarily a bust to this point. Tonight and tomorrow have the potential to have some heavy rains, and what's going on in Beaumont could set up elsewhere.

Could it end up being a non event? Sure. Do I expect that to be the case? No. System in gulf basically hasn't moved today, keeping a lot of the moisture offshore to this point. I will be watching radar closely tonight to see how this progresses.

Just my opinion, and please follow the NWS for updates.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Breezy View Post
                you guys that 100% listen to and believe all the weather guys are crazy. lol. The weather is a female . So y'all are the ones that would jump off a bridge if someone told ya to. .
                Not all are females just look at Harvey. He was a guy who refused to ask for directions so he just bounced around Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by ccbluewater View Post
                  Beaumont area is getting absolutely hammered today. Pretty much non stop rain over there, and flood warnings went out not too long ago. That area was hit extremely hard during Harvey so hopefully they catch a break soon.

I don't think this is over here in the Houston area, or necessarily a bust to this point. Tonight and tomorrow have the potential to have some heavy rains, and what's going on in Beaumont could set up elsewhere.

Could it end up being a non event? Sure. Do I expect that to be the case? No. System in gulf basically hasn't moved today, keeping a lot of the moisture offshore to this point. I will be watching radar closely tonight to see how this progresses.

Just my opinion, and please follow the NWS for updates.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Yep. Water stacking up in port Arthur/Groves area.

Comment

Do any of y'all have recommendation on a site thats accurate for rainfall numbers for each area?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                      Do any of y'all have recommendation on a site thats accurate for rainfall numbers for each area?

Sorry. I don't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post

FarmLogs is the best I have found.

Comment

I missed the news story- when was the dome installed over Houston?

Comment

Has anybody heard from anyone in Beaumont? How are they fairing? I’ve never seen a system just sit somewhere like this before.

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                              Has anybody heard from anyone in Beaumont? How are they fairing? I’ve never seen a system just sit somewhere like this before.

Harvey did. That trail in the gulf that keeps hitting Beaumont looks just like the bands that Harvey produced that seemed to never stop coming.

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post

I'm fixing to head that way for work. There was already some road flooding when I left at 5 yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                                X