• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mac... View Post
    Yup
    '14 Carbon Spyder

So I'm no arrow expert.
    Is there a way to add weight to an arrow itself?
    Obviously the top, but beside the tip, I want to stay with the tips I have simply because I don't want to sell off what I have to buy more. (I'd lose more coin than it's worth)

Or do I just need to buy a heavier arrow? FMJs or something? I have a couple of those. May try them just to see the difference.
    To make a a heavier arrow by adding tip weight you need to have the stiffest spine you can handle. Which is any research what u want to do and what kind arrow you'd like to build. To me going up to 420-450 will do u good whether u pick easton or black eagle it can be done. Prolly a 340-300 spine will be what u need

Comment

I went to Grizzly stiks website and took there 650 challenge. I was skeptical but unbelievable how much more accurate and quieter my Carbon Spyder 34 is now. Yes I lost some speed but it hits like a Mack truck. I was shooting a 440 grain Goldtip Kinectic before.
      Now when I shoot a Kinectic the bow sounds a lot louder and with the Grizxly stik. My finished Grizzly stik weight is 655 grains. Very very forgiving. I haven't shot a arrow that cuts through the wind like these do. No holding right or left. Just hold on the spot and execute the shot as always.

Comment

I agree with a heavier arrow. I was all about speed until I had one completely dodge my arrow. Went to a 411 grain arrow and added cat whiskers. That got me very very quiet. Shot two deer at 35 and neither ducked or jumped.

Comment

Alright
          I have some arrows that are weighing in at 490 gns now. (118 gn difference)
          I'll compare. Hope I don't need to add leeches but will if I need to.

Comment

You will hear a differenc with them arrows.

Comment

Alright
              Use cat whiskers. Even smaller whiskers can look good and do a great job of silencing.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoytbowhunter View Post
                Man not sure what noise your getting out from your bow, I have 4-Hoyt's Bows all set up to 65 pounds 30 inch draw and I shoot carbon express Maxima hunters 350s out of all them very quite and never had a deer jumping a arrow
                Hoyt reflex Super slam
                Hoyt Carbon element
                Hoyt Carbon spider
                Hoyt nitrum

I'm shooting a Spyder 30 and looking at replacing it with Carbon Element w/ G3's. Any opinion? Would this be a good move? I feel the Spyder 30 is a little jumpy with such a narrow valley & has a vibration after the shot.

Comment

Arrow weight is 372 gns
                  72 # DW
                  Originally posted by docmay View Post
                  Arrows too light for quiet. I shoot a carbon spyder 34 with either 450 grain arrows or 500 grain arrows. It's quiet and I have yet to see something jump. My heavy arrows are going 280 fps+ and blew through a grizzly bear. My 450 grain arrows shot through muskox and moose last year. My sweet spot for arrows is 425-450 grains. If bigger animal then I go up.
                  Way too light for your draw weight.

Originally posted by TxHunter06 View Post
                  A heavier arrow and cat whiskers. I love cat whiskers, they just plain work.
                  This will do the trick.

Alright
                  Originally posted by enewman View Post
                  You will hear a differenc with them arrows.
                  Bow will be very quiet with this weight, you have now.

Comment

It made a little difference.
                    But still wasn't as quiet as I'd like.

Comment

It made a little difference.
                      But still wasn't as quiet as I'd like.
                      Add string leaches/cat whiskers/monkey tails whichever you prefer and it will get quieter guaranteed. I shot my bow without the monkey tails one time and it was a LOT louder than with them on. I was very surprised how much of a difference they make.

Comment

OP,thanks for the thread. I have a 2015 Carbon Spyder 34 that I'm fixing to get set up for me and was wondering about arrows also. Thanks to everyone that replied with great info

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
                          Add string leaches/cat whiskers/monkey tails whichever you prefer and it will get quieter guaranteed. I shot my bow without the monkey tails one time and it was a LOT louder than with them on. I was very surprised how much of a difference they make.
                          The monkey tails did make a difference, but I had to keep an eye on them or they worked their way down the string and into the cam.
                          I didn't care for that much, so I took them off.

Comment

The monkey tails did make a difference, but I had to keep an eye on them or they worked their way down the string and into the cam.
                            I didn't care for that much, so I took them off.
                            I have that problem too, except mine make their way towards the center of the string. I dont care for it either.

I may need to try one of these other dampners myself now that I think about it...

Comment

A heavier arrow and cat whiskers will help. Im shooting 29in. Easton Axis 340, 420gr.-100gr broadhead at 302 FPS and i do not have any problem hitting my spot.

Comment

I can my hoyt spyder is really quiet. Im still going to add a fuse stabilizer to it and take it from there.

Comment

Working...
                                X