Glove or Tab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glove or Tab

Straightforward question. Which do you use, (please include brand) and why?

Shot w/ a tab years ago, then went to wheel bow. After going back to trad 2 years started shooting a glove. Just wondering if I might get a cleaner release going to a tab. Thoughts?

Tab

I use an old version Saunders Pak-Tab. The new ones are stiffer, and I don’t like them. Luckily, I have a pretty good stash of the old ones.

I use a tab because I get a cleaner release with it.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Tab: Bateman cordovan tabc. I have tried gloves but they just don't work for me

Comment

Bodnick speed glove. Because it works for me and gives great protection for my fingers.

Gary

Comment

Damascus Shooting Glove. It gives me a good feel for the string. I just don't care for a tab.

Comment

I have tried and tried a tab. Just can’t like it. Glove for me.

Comment

Originally posted by KenWood View Post
              I have tried and tried a tab. Just can’t like it. Glove for me.
              Me too. I’ve tried switching to a tab several times but never could stick with it long enough get comfortable. I’ve been shooting the Dura-Glove from Three Rivers for many years.

Comment

The worst thing about a tab is loosing it, dropping it somewhere. They just aren't a natural part of an appendage like having a glove on and going about your business. I shot tabs early in my years but never felt comfortable with them.

Comment

I just switched to a yost tab this year. I like it a lot but I did have to wrap mole skin on the metal part to keep it from cutting my face.

Comment

Tab. I tried a glove but the release did not feel as smooth. currently shoot a black widow tab.

Comment

I started out with a glove, and used one for many years.
                      Tried a tab on & off, but never would stick with it.

I finally decided one day, that I was going to force myself to use a tab until I got used to it,
                      and see where things went from there.

Where did things go? Answer - I can still shoot just fine with a glove, but I wouldn't go back to one, except for in some sort of emergency situation.

Rick

Comment

Sorry, I forgot to add the why.

While mostly it is personal preference, in my opinion a tab (a good tab) will give a much better loose of the string, than a glove.

The only drawback to using a tab (for some) is they are cumbersome/awkward to do other things when on your finger (like pulling arrows, etc). Once I got used to the tab I never had any problem doing any of those things. I just flip it around to the back of my hand, and do what I need to do.

Rick

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

This will be a journey in trial and error and personal taste.
                            I've tried a number of tabs and gloves. I like gloves.
                            I am now shooting a ew Bateman cordovan glove.

I love it but it took awhile to break in I also had the strap replaced so that the wrist strap is straight versus angled.

Why- I like the way the tip of the glove feels at my anchor point in the corner of my mouth.

Before that I shot a neet glove with Cordova sewn over the finger stalls.

Duraglove before that.

Comment

Shot a glove for many, many years. Tried numerous tabs during that time. Never could get used to a tab at all. Then I tried Rick Barbee's tab. Liked it but could not get used to it either till I forced myself to give it a real trial period. I did and don't look back now. Rick Barbee's tabs are the real deal for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X