Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool pics. Thanks for sharing

Comment

I have seen that happen twice during the rut when it is hot and bucks are chasing does. Doe head to water and bucks are in the water or rolling around it. I videoed a little of it both times. The last time was a group of bucks chasing a doe in late Dec. She hit the tank to get away from the buck and cool off. One buck went in after her and I videoed probably 5-6 minutes of him swimming after her as she swam in circles or figure 8's to try to loose him. One or two other bucks jumped into cool off but not chase. She finally swam ashore on the opposite side and left with all the bucks in tow.

Comment

That’s cool.

Comment

Originally posted by JTCowpoke View Post
          I’ve see a gut shot buck get in a cattle trough like that to help with fever like the above poster said.
          This is what I believe. Is it just me or does the deer in the second picture look like he is wounded behind the shoulder.

Comment

The only time I have seen this on camera is when our ranch got hit with the blue tongue.

Trying to cool the fever.

Comment

Originally posted by SV72 View Post
              This is what I believe. Is it just me or does the deer in the second picture look like he is wounded behind the shoulder.
              I have multiple pictures of this buck before and after he took the bath and he is not injured in any way.

I think that with the rut in this area being early and the temperatures being higher than normal, these bucks were trying to cool off.

Comment

Here is a cool video of a buck trying to cool off after rutting too hard and over heating.

1.4M views, 4.1K likes, 11 loves, 472 comments, 32K shares, Facebook Watch Videos from Cuatro Esquinas Ranch: 5 year old 170 inch rutting deer needed a dip in 75 degree South Texas winter

Comment

Originally posted by lab man View Post
                  Here is a cool video of a buck trying to cool off after rutting too hard and over heating.

https://www.facebook.com/CERanch/vid...tJWB2vDDrae38I
                  That is too cool. Pardon the pun.

Comment

Cool pic

Comment

He looks to have a injury on his back leg! May have fever!

Comment

Cool pics

Comment

Smart deer.

Comment

That is a lot cheaper then corn.... Gonna have to put one of these in at my lease... haha

Comment

Working...
                            X