X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's his tracking dog.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Lol!! Funny thing about that dog. A few years back we were going on a hunting trip here and I needed a new sleeping bag. I asked my wife to just pick one up for me and she did. So I get here with my sleeping bag in front of my buddies and roll it out and unzip it and that stuffed dog is in there. My wife swears she had nothing to do with it, but I don't believe her. So now the dog just lives in my sleeping bag and goes on every trip I go on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck today buddy!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks!! I got my tripod set up on the corn route. Anything coming down the sendero will be under 15 yards.

All you can see is part of the brush holder on the back, but deer coming from the front won't see it because of my body. From the back and side you can't see it at all. I'll see how the hunt goes this evening, if it's a problem I'll add some more brush. Tripods are new to me but I think it looks pretty good. About to go back to camp and shoot a few arrows and hang out with Bo. He will start the corn route around 2, so I'll get in the stand around 2. It'll be a long sit this evening.

Comment

Good Looking set up. Good Luck this evening!!

Comment

All that setup needs is a man wearing green... with a green bow

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                All that setup needs is a man wearing green... with a green bow

Lol!! I guess I'm about to shower and get ready to go. This is gonna be a long sit!! But I wanna be in the stand when the corn buggy comes by. It won't get dark until about 5 hours after that though.

Comment

It's unbelievably hot. I should have worn sunscreen!! I rode with Bo for part of the corn route but I'm in the stand now. Been here about 45 min or so. One other Hunter came in last minute and he's in 6.

Comment

It will start cooling off again soon.

Comment

My 2017 Season

Just a doe and yearling this evening. I heard some pigs but they never came in. I'll hunt the same spot in the morning, but the wind is supposed to switch late morning from NW to SE so I'll have to move after the morning hunt. Not sure on exactly what I'll do. If I find a good spot nearby for the tripod I'll set it up, if not I'll build a brush blind.

Comment

I hate it when the wind shifts on a trip. Good luck in the morning.

Comment

good luck!

Comment

Keep at em brother! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

It was cool enough this morning that I turned the heater on in the cabin when I got up. I'm gonna head out pretty soon. This is the first hunt of the season for me that it actually feels like deer season outside!'

Comment

Then draw some blood and make it killing season.

Comment

Working...
                                X