• Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^^^^cant fix a boat doing that!!^^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by froghunter View Post
      ^^^^^^cant fix a boat doing that!!^^^^^^^^
      No doubt.

This hydro-turf fitting is a long process. I've spent 3 hrs on the first sheet. Good news is the first sheet should be the hardest. I can use it for a template for the opposite contour of the deck. The rest should be mostly square. I've also learned that it's a two man job, and I'm only one person. Ohh well I'll have help tomorrow and that should speed it up. I should be completely done sometime tomorrow early afternoon, minus the jackplate. Think I'm going to have to get a new pump and motor. If that's the case, I'll lock it in where it sits and worry about that when i build up some new funds.

I'm done for the day. A buddy called, gonna go help butcher a pig.
      Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
      Last edited by LivinADream; 08-15-2017, 04:18 PM.

Comment

I have an atlas micro jacker that I am very pleased with. Cost around 800$ but it's totally self contained. No external pumps or hoses.

Comment

Hydro-turf is done. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if it lasted forever. I'd hate to think I'll have to do it again. What a PITA!!! Now that it's done, I'm glad I did it. Sure looks good.

Now headed to town for TX numbers, life jackets and a whistle.

Comment

Nice!!!!! You forgot to add beer and shiners to your list....

Comment

Originally posted by froghunter View Post
              Nice!!!!! You forgot to add beer and shiners to your list....
              Man Im not a very old fella, but I have been battling this heat the last couple weeks working on this boat. To the point of scaring myself twice. The beer may have played a role in that, but I'm trying to recoup. Believe me, nothing sounded better than a cold beer when I was soaked down with sweat today.
              I did get some rod holders while I was in town, nothing fancy, but a place to put them anyway.

Comment

Excellent work...........and LOTS of it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Well I think we're going to call this one done. I do have a couple of things left to do, but they won't be picture worthy. Just wiring in running lights, bilge pump, and live well. Before and after

Took it out this evening with my wife and kiddos, I think it's gonna be a big part of their summers from here on out. For me, its gonna be year round fun.

Comment

Nice work!!

Comment

She sure looks good! Congrats on that! Good job on the boat too!

Comment

Awesome job!

One thing I noticed. You should have gotten Watson to put in a trolling motor bracket for you before you painted and turfed it.

Comment

I have one, just haven't mounted it yet. But good eye.

Comment

Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
                            She sure looks good! Congrats on that! Good job on the boat too!
                            Haha. I agree, and thanks

Comment

Congrats on a job well done!!!

Comment

Don't even look like the same boat. Good job man!

Comment

Working...
                                X