No announcement yet.

Another boat rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't thought about that. I have some time to figure it out, as I don't really need the bait well right now. When I figure out how it's going to sit/ride, and where I need the extra weight, I'll have one built. After that I'll plumb in my baitwell.

After church today, I came home, gave the boat one more good cleaning, then got to work painting the inside. You'll notice the inside isn't finished looking, but I'll have hydro-turf on anything unfinished.

About halfway through the inside, I knew I didn't buy enough paint to finish. Not much I can do now, but spray what I have. I didn't want to have to wait for this to dry, then flip the boat to paint the bottom, so I had to come up with a plan to paint everything at onxe. (At least until I run out of paint) Saw horses in the back, hanging in the front by FEL then pull the trailer out from under it. It's holding well, the inside is painted, float boxes, gunnels, transom, and 1 1/2 sides. I'm lacking a half side and the bottom.

Think I'm going to get enough paint to finish and add a second coat. I should be able to do that tomorrow after work. Tuesday I should have motor on, and everything wired up. I'll have to make a run to get registration/boat numbers Wednesday morning, then hopefully put this rig in the water Wednesday after lunch.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for sharing your journey! Appreciate the insight and ideas....

Comment

Dang Chase...that thing turned out NICE! I was wondering if you had given up on the project after not seeing it updated in awhile.

That is sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
          Dang Chase...that thing turned out NICE! I was wondering if you had given up on the project after not seeing it updated in awhile.

That is sweet!
          I think it's gonna be about as perfect for my needs as a boat can be. If I do my part, it will look ****** as well.

Comment

Another day without much to see. Got more paint this morning and finished it out. Put a second coat on everything that was painted yesterday, then a second coat on today's this evening. Tomorrow, it should at least look finished. Hopefully on the water Wednesday. Not much for pics today.

Comment

Surely you aren't gonna put that nice new boat on that darn nasty trailer?

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                Surely you aren't gonna put that nice new boat on that darn nasty trailer?
                For now I am, but I like the way you think. Trailer overhaul is next, but it's gonna have to wait until the boat is completely finished.

Comment

Man what an adventure! Just seeing this for the first time and I love it!

Comment

Well it's slow moving, but it's coming along. I got the console, floor, steering, and shifter cables in.

Then I hung the motor and Jack plate.

Now my concern is my steering cable may be too short. It made the run, but its tight. I'm not sure if I can run my jackplate any higher, and only a couple inches lower. I'm going to reroute it to see how it looks, and if its sloppy, I'll get a longer one. If I go that route I'll have to pull the floor and console out, but it is what it is. Last thing is my rivet gun doesn't have a fitting for the rivets I bought, so the floor is screwed down for now. I'll get that tomorrow. All in all, I think it is looking real good. As she sits.

Comment

Looking good man.

Comment

Following

Comment

Man with that 90hp Yammy, it should set the water on fire behind it. That is a solid motor you got on it now.

Comment

Probably a dumb question, but what purpose do the boxes on the back of boat do. Is it for stability.

Comment

Looks great.....

Comment

Originally posted by Deathrow Jethro View Post
                                Man with that 90hp Yammy, it should set the water on fire behind it. That is a solid motor you got on it now.
                                I'm hoping so. It aught to scream.
                                Originally posted by kruppa24 View Post
                                Probably a dumb question, but what purpose do the boxes on the back of boat do. Is it for stability.
                                They serve several purposes. My two main reasons for them are, the boat is light in the front. I'm hoping they will help keep the bow down on take off. And just extra floatation. My plans are to eventually have a removable light bar up front, and air drive on back for flounder gigging. The shallower I can float, the better off I'll be.

Comment

Working...
                                X