Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am trying Margaret's Recipe

Comment

My wife is major anti MSG. Do yall have any alternatives for the bouillon cubes or sazon goya?

Comment

Originally posted by hellbndr23 View Post
        My wife is major anti MSG. Do yall have any alternatives for the bouillon cubes or sazon goya?

Use can use liquid chicken broth. Ive done that and if anything, it makes it better. Just watch out because it will add salt.

Comment

Originally posted by Avezorak View Post
          [ATTACH]675211[/ATTACH]

Mmmm. Smells great!
          This was better than I ever expected, I added 2 cans of stewed tomatoes and one can of beans. Served with cheddar and crackers.

Comment

I made a big pot of chili using Margaret's recipe today for the office Christmas luncheon. I used venison and wild pork and converted some people who said they did not like deer meat. A few of the office ladies went back for seconds and thirds of the chili. LOL

Comment

What is "Sazon Goya?" Is some type of massa/thickening agent?

Also, does anyone know where to get light chili powder?

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
                What is "Sazon Goya?" Is some type of massa/thickening agent?

Also, does anyone know where to get light chili powder?

Sazon is tomato bouillon. It's used in lots of Mexican dishes. Especially rice.

HEB has light chili powder.

Comment

Great, thanks!

Comment

Good Chili Recipe?

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                    Simple is the way I roll!

2 lbs venison (chili grind)

1 lb venison (hamburger grind)

1 package breakfast sausage (I use Owens)

1 large white onion (chopped)

First, brown all meat, drain excess fat, then add chopped onion and sauté for about 10 mins.

Then Add:

46oz beef broth

2 cans Rotel original

2 16oz cans diced tomatoes

1 16oz can tomato sauce

My family likes beans in their chili so I add 2 cans Bush's Chili beans (optional)

Bring all to a boil, then reduce heat

Then stir in 2 packages of Williams Chili Seasoning Mix

Simmer stirring occasionally for about 30-40 minutes and that's it!

Serve in a bowl over crushed tortilla chips and sprinkle with cheddar cheese and maybe a few extra chopped onions.

Made a big pot last weekend....she gone.

Bump for the first pot of chili since last winter. Headed to the lease tomorrow and the fellow hunters will be happy.

Same recipe as above...simple simple.

Comment

Yep. We are having an office party this week and I'm bringing deer chili.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

2 alarm kit.....add chopped red onions, minced garlic, diced green chilies and jalapenos and fire roasted diced tomatoes....and 1/2 cup of ketchup. Add can of tomato sauce and one cup of shiner bock....I used ground axis deer

Comment

I use Wick Fowler's False Alarm mix. It's consistent and easy.

Comment

I have only used Ragin Blaze comes out pretty good.

Comment

2 pounds ground beef chuck 1 pound bulk Italian sausage 3 (15 ounce) cans chili beans, drained 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans in spicy sauce 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with juice 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste 1 large yellow onion, chopped 3 stalks celery, chopped 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped 2 green chile peppers, seeded and chopped 1 tablespoon bacon bits 4 cubes beef bouillon 1/2 cup beer 1/4 cup chili powder 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce 1 tablespoon minced garlic 1 tablespoon dried oregano 2 teaspoons ground cumin 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce (e.g. Tabasco™) 1 teaspoon dried basil 1 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon ground black pepper 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper 1 teaspoon paprika 1 teaspoon white sugar

1 (10.5 ounce) bag corn chips such as Fritos® 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese Add all ingredients to list

Heat a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Crumble the ground chuck and sausage into the hot pan, and cook until evenly browned. Drain off excess grease.
                              Pour in the chili beans, spicy chili beans, diced tomatoes and tomato paste. Add the onion, celery, green and red bell peppers, chile peppers, bacon bits, bouillon, and beer. Season with chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, oregano, cumin, hot pepper sauce, basil, salt, pepper, cayenne, paprika, and sugar. Stir to blend, then cover and simmer over low heat for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
                              After 2 hours, taste, and adjust salt, pepper, and chili powder if necessary. The longer the chili simmers, the better it will taste. Remove from heat and serve, or refrigerate, and serve the next day.
                              To serve, ladle into bowls, and top with corn chips and shredded Cheddar cheese.

I made it!

Comment

Made Margarets chili yesterday. One of the best I've ever had and very simple to make. I couldn't find light and dark chili powder, so I just used gebhardts.

Comment

Working...
                                X