Single vs Two stage Trigger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m looking for an upgraded trigger for my .300 BLK AR pistol. I can’t decide whether to get a single or two stage trigger. What are y’alls thoughts?

The two triggers I am looking at in particular are the Larue Mbt two stage and the CMC 3.5 lb single stage. Also my budget is about $150 max.

Thanks guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Havnt shot one but felt larue the other day. Really impressed. The store owner said That's what he runs in all his. I'm gonna try one in my next build

Comment

Never shot a CMC, but I own a Larue and love it.

Comment

I have a BTE single stage trigger. I've shot several rifles with different two stage in them and didn't care for them much. It all depends on the person but I'd get the CMC single stage trigger between those two choices. I don't like taking up any kind of slack in a trigger.

Comment

Geissele SSA-E for 2 stage

Comment

I’ve shot I think every configuration of CMC
            I think I like 3.5 lb single stage best

Comment

Originally posted by Colton View Post
              All my triggers are now this.

I prefer 2 stage. Take up slack getting ready for the shot then brake it when needed.

Comment

Absolutely the best AR trigger I have ever shot is this
                Geissele Hi-Speed National Match-DMR Trigger Adjustable (2 Stage: 2.3-3.6lbs First, 0.5-1.5 Second)

Comment

Check out Velocity triggers. They should fit your needs and budget.

Comment

Originally posted by Gobblerslayer View Post
                    Check out Velocity triggers. They should fit your needs and budget.
                    I have a CMC in my AR and love it. They are the leader in "low cost" aftermarket triggers. That said Velocity has come on the market and while I have never shot one everyone I talk to loves them and they are lower in cost to CMC.

Comment

Originally posted by Colton View Post
                      Same here

Comment

A good single stage is never a bad option. I run a CMC 3.5lb in one of my rifles and am happy with it.

I actually prefer a two stage for precision shooting on ARs. For the money the Rock River $99 (I think) is hard to beat. Geissele makes good products as well just usually more expensive.

Comment

I have both and they are both great triggers. Most of my rifles have the 3.5 flat trigger from CMC. I like the flat trigger, as I feel I can consistently get my finger in the same spot time and time again. I use them for both long range and 3gun.

Comment

I have the Geissele SSA-E and CMC 3.5 I prefer the CMC

Comment

Single vs. two stage is really just about personal preference IMO.
                              I have a Hiperfire Hipertouch 24C (now called "Competition" and it is perfect.
                              Last edited by meltingfeather; 01-12-2018, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X