Any Ladies Here/Guys With Wives Who CC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
    Not all of them. The lady that owns the company looks nothing like the model as I stated in my post.

Regardless of complacency most women are not acutely aware of their surroundings and they are not nearly as strong as most men. If the man gets hold of the purse the chances of the woman getting hurt are pretty high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I agree that carrying on your body is the safest way to carry. The two main arguments against purse carry are 1) risk that a man will grab the bag and hurt the woman and 2) it limits ability to respond as quickly as possible.

These are valid concerns that must be taken in to consideration when making the decision to carry in a purse. I carry in a purse because I haven't found any other way to carry (concealed) that works for me. And if I it doesn't work, I'm not going to be carrying anything. (Also doesn't work for me.)

I have tried a belly band. (Pistolwear P2 holster) It came highly recommended by a woman in her blog as her favorite holster for carrying while hiking and jogging.
    It was a terrible garment. It looked like a big bulge even under loose fitting clothing. Like wearing a fanny pack under your clothes. It might have worked OK with one of the smallest sub-compacts but that's not what I have to work with.

All I'm saying is they never function or look as good as they do in the pictures on people that are posing. In all of the pictures above, the holster is being worn on the outside of the clothing or the shirt is pulled up to reveal it. Imagine those shirts pulled down over the holsters. There would be an obvious bulge in the mid-section! That lacy corset thing might work okay but I bet it's hard to sit down in it. Unless you have a very long, sleek torso like the model, the top of that garment would be up under your breasts.

The other issue was I couldn't access the gun any faster than I could from a bag worn across my body sitting on my hip.
    I would think wearing a crossbody bag would deter purse snatchers. Anyway, purses are more likely to get snatched in crowded areas and I rarely ever put myself in those environments. I have never left a purse in a store or bathroom. I am never around small children that might reach in to my bag.
    If the bag is not around my body, I have it stored in my lap or the gun is in the console of my truck.

Again, I'm not saying carrying in a purse is the best way to carry but I've heard men say things like "if a woman can't find a better way to carry then she shouldn't be carrying at all." I find that offensive. I think a lot of men assume that all women are flakes, oblivious of their surroundings, and incapable of keeping track of their purses or the guns inside them.

Comment

Not to derail 1369's thread but if someone can recommend a holster that their wife or girlfriend uses that works well on a woman, I'm open to suggestions.
      I have a short torso and I'm not skinny. Because I have a short mid-section, I wear low-rise or "hip hugger" pants.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
        Not to derail 1369's thread but if someone can recommend a holster that their wife or girlfriend uses that works well on a woman, I'm open to suggestions.
        I have a short torso and I'm not skinny. Because I have a short mid-section, I wear low-rise or "hip hugger" pants.
        IWB or OWB?

Comment

Either

Comment

Either
            For what pistol?

I have a crossbreed appendix carry that didn't work for me, but it is molded for an XD subcompact.

Comment

Either
              My wife uses an "On Your Six" design OWB for her training shoots (As do I). As well as the mag holsters. And she's not a skinny gal either.

On Your Six

Comment

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
                My wife uses an "On Your Six" design OWB for her training shoots (As do I). As well as the mag holsters. And she's not a skinny gal either.

On Your Six
                They make a holster for a high point, but not the sig I carry. Go figure.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Purse carry is generally a terrible idea.

There are many better options for on body carry.

Here's one.

I saw the maker of these at the ft worth uscca show and she had 4 guns plus extra mags for each one tucked in several places. She had 2 full size pistols plus extra mags in the one in the pic above and she doesn't look like the girl in the picture.

Mike- who makes these? I can't read that writing on the picture. Lol! My wife and daughter would probably love something like that!

Comment

Originally posted by Horitexan View Post
                    Mike- who makes these? I can't read that writing on the picture. Lol! My wife and daughter would probably love something like that!

"When treated with respect, guns can be an integral part of our daily life." Our line of concealed carry holsters was built upon this belief. Shop today.

Comment

https://deneadams.com

Thanks Mike!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Any Ladies Here/Guys With Wives Who CC?

https://deneadams.com

I just had to try this for myself so I actually ordered one.

Buyer beware...they run small so order the next size up.

I ordered according to the size chart on the website, measuring exactly where the picture shows to obtain the correct size. According to their chart I was a small. Well, it didn't even come close to fitting me.
                        I was going to exchange for a medium but they are out of stock on mediums with a wait time of 8-12 weeks!
                        This company gets a lot of bad reviews on Facebook.
                        I wanted to like the garment...I really did...but looks like they have a lot of problems to work out.
                        Back to the drawing board..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X