No announcement yet.

Brushy hill 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was a nice 11 point killed last evening. Had an awesome buck (couldn't count points because he went by so fast on a mission with his nose down) yesterday evening right after the cold front blew in to Sabinal. Another fellow hit a big one but we jumped him up 7 hours after he was shot and they still didn't find a dead deer today. It is turning on great now. We hunted Hog Heaven South. We had a great time. We will go back next year.

Comment

It can change quick

Comment

Just talked to some of the guys that are still there and they say the deer are moving.

Comment

Counting down the days, be there in 2 weeks!

Comment

Father and son get it done in Hog Heaven South. John and Shaun Weaver. They hunted 12-26-17 thru 1-1-18. There were several hunters at camp, don't know if they had any luck or not, John and Shaun stayed at motel in town. They are my regular hunting partners, but I couldn't go on this trip..
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dvinson View Post
              Father and son get it done in Hog Heaven South. John and Shaun Weaver. They hunted 12-26-17 thru 1-1-18. There were several hunters at camp, don't know if they had any luck or not, John and Shaun stayed at motel in town. They are my regular hunting partners, but I couldn't go on this trip..
              That's awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by dvinson View Post
                Do you know if they were hunting pre set stands or their own setups?

Comment

Set up by Nick, he did a great job.

Comment

I guess they did! Pass on a big congratulations to both of them for me please. Will have to catch him in town and get the story. Thanks.

Comment

Nice bucks congrats to them!

Comment

Hey Pstraw, After thinking about your site name, and seeing the "hunt in front yard or back yard" comment under your name, I figured out who you were ,
                        The mature deer started coming to corn later in the year this year at brushy hill.

Comment

I'm hoping they are killing the corn in 10 days

Comment

dvinson-- Is he on here? Screenname?

Comment

Good luck kactus.

Comment

Be on the road this time next Sunday!

In the stand now for the last day of season in west tx.

Comment

Working...
                                X