Plan me an epic trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    Dang man that's impressive!.... you are much more adventurous than me in this day and age.
    Just gotta have that handy hatchet
    Attached Files

Comment

Antelope Canyon in Page AZ
      Escobars Mexican restaurant in Kanab
      Johnson Canyon rd outside of Kanab
      Oscars Café in Springdale (Zion)

Comment

Originally posted by Stickslinger92 View Post
        After Bryce Canyon drive towards Escalante and you will go through Part of the Dixie National Forest. There is some great dispersed camping up there at the top of the mountain. We made our camp there in the morning and then drove down and hiked the Lower and Upper Calf Creek falls trails. If I had to suggest one or the other do the Upper Calf Creek. Its such an awesome place. In 45 minutes you can go from top of the mountain to desert/slot canyons. Shoot me a PM if you want more specifics on the area! This is the exact location we camped at. 38°03'13.0"N 111°19'20.0"W

There's dozens of awesome spots up there though.
        Now we are talking!!! It's likely this trip will be late June/July.

Comment

If possible, get an overnight back country permit to do The Narrows in Zion. To look up at the jet black night sky and only see an extremely clear strip of dense stars is something I will never forget.

Comment

Pretty random here, but there is a burger joint at the intersection of hwy 89 and hwy 12 close to Bryce canyon. It is owned by a Swedish or Norwegian family if I'm not mistaken. Best burger I think I have ever eaten! It is a small shack with outdoor seating. I really wasn't too impressed with Bryce Canyon after spending the majority of the week in Zion, but the burger was worth the drive if nothing else...

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
              If possible, get an overnight back country permit to do The Narrows in Zion. To look up at the jet black night sky and only see an extremely clear strip of dense stars is something I will never forget.
              Noted, keep them coming

Comment

Canyonland N.P., Moab
                Highway 279 Rock Art Site, Moab
                Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument, Utah
                Lake Powell, we rode the ferry across it in Glenn Canyon National Area
                Mexican Hat
                Goosenecks State Park

If you make it to Colorado
                California Pass
                Alpine Loop
                Engineer Pass
                Ophir Pass
                Grand Mesa

I was on a dual sport motorcycle while doing this, took 2 weeks off and trailered to Westcliffe and made a big circle to Nevada and back, around 2,300 miles. Tent camp off the trails mostly. Could list more for you but this is a good start. Saw lots of country on the Honda that most folks will never see.

Comment

Originally posted by jlp04c View Post
                  With camping gear in the truck, Start in Texas, my stops/destinations:

Mt Rushmore
                  Yellowstone
                  Arches
                  Bryce
                  Zion
                  Grand Canyon

Home.

Fill in the blanks.. Bonus points will be given for off the path fishing holes, campsites and eccentric places to check out.

2 week cap.

If your going to rushmore do yourself a favor and go to needles eye (25 mins from rushmore will take you a bit to drive up the rocky cliff but its worth it, and go to the badlands (like 45 minutes from rushmore) its really pretty country. Best time to go is before kids get out of school for the summer and start touring.

Wall drugs interesting but not worth the drive out of the way, bunch of old western crap ect..

Comment

We did 2 similar trips in college...Black Hills, Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, Moab, Arches, Gunneson and back to Texas. Second one was Rocky Mountain Natl Park, Royal Gorge, Grand Canyon and Zion. Both were epic trips!

Comment

Bump!

Comment

I've extended the duration to 18-20 days.. ha

Comment

Originally posted by jlp04c View Post
                          I've extended the duration to 18-20 days.. ha

There ya go!

Comment

Going to be such a great trip. I hope t do similar in the next couple years. I really want to go and hike Kings Canyon National Park. Be sure and post pics

Comment

Working...
                            X