No announcement yet.

how to get rid of web worms from pecan trees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soak roll of toilet paper in alcohol, put on long pole, light and burn the **** things. Dad always did that and always works

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
      If they are not too tall, the best way is get a long pole and tape several long poles together if needed to reach the worms. Tie a rag soaked in a flammable, light it and burn the little bastages arses! You will also get some sadistic pleasure out of watching them wriggle in pain as they die a slow death!
      This is what we would do with bamboo poles.

Comment

permithrins will kill em daid and continue to kill for a couple of weeks. Safe for humans and pets except fish. Just need something that will squirt it high enough. You can by it at any feed store. It's what is used in dairy barns to kill flies.

Comment

BT. (Bacillus thuriengensis). Just spray as much of the tree as you can reach. Systemic action is absorbed by the tree and infects pests eating the leaves; pests get sick and die.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
            BT. (Bacillus thuriengensis). Just spray as much of the tree as you can reach. Systemic action is absorbed by the tree and infects pests eating the leaves; pests get sick and die.
            what about the pecans...is it bad to eat the pecans at that point?

Comment

BT doesn't hurt humans and can be used on edible crops up to the day of harvest.

Looked at some research that pointed out that Bt is not activated until it reaches the gut of insects, where favorable acid levels allow it to activate. The high acid levels in a human's digestive tract do not allow activation of the toxic affects that occur in target insects.

A 2001 US EPA study, quoted in Wikipedia, found that "Bt toxins are not toxic to mammals."

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk
              Last edited by tradtiger; 06-24-2018, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Thuricide makes 'em sick all right---they turn themselves inside out -- and die.

Comment

I had an orchard with 250 pecan trees dish soap and water works as good or better than any pesticides and is non toxic to you spraying it. Web worms will show up every year and got to spray them. Never heard of the wasp thing. Like I said I used the dish soap and water every year on my entire orchard.

kronik by Diamond

Comment

My stepdad always went natural. He made a torch on a long pole and burned them.

Comment

Had one in my pecan tree a few weeks ago. I sprayed it with the cutter yard guard and it killed them on contact. Then I sprayed everything else I should reach with it also.

Comment

If they are not too tall, the best way is get a long pole and tape several long poles together if needed to reach the worms. Tie a rag soaked in a flammable, light it and burn the little bastages arses! You will also get some sadistic pleasure out of watching them wriggle in pain as they die a slow death!
                        grew up with nothing but pecan trees. this is how to do it. Also the wasps must like them cooked cause they will eat here too.

Comment

Originally posted by Kurdawg View Post
                          Had one in my pecan tree a few weeks ago. I sprayed it with the cutter yard guard and it killed them on contact. Then I sprayed everything else I should reach with it also.

Cutter may not be the best for a specific task, but I've learned it's darn good at every pest I've wanted gone.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                            Fire
                            Yep. This is what my dad used to do when I was a kid. Ling pole w/ rags wrapped around the end and soaked in whatever fuel he used (kerosene maybe?). He'd just reach up in the pecan trees and torch 'em.

Comment

wow!! never have seen them in trees mostly on corn roots

Comment

My grandmother used to weave newspaper between the tines of a rake and do this.

Comment

Working...
                                X