how to get rid of web worms from pecan trees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to get rid of web worms from pecan trees

My Wife says we have web worms in my pecan tree that I have been trying to get some pecans out of for years....(insert Smart maniacal belly laughing here)

Many a squirrel has pillaged my pecan tree, many have paid the ultimate price...and now the insects have to interject themselves...

how can I neutralize these new pests? baking soda? diatomaceous (big word) earth?

My neighbors have the same problem every year with their pecan tree. He's got something that almost kills on contact he sprays the trees with. Not sure what it is. I noticed just last weekend that they had started again. And I trapped 23 squirrels for them last fall.

I did read that real soapy water works. But nto sure if it dose. Maybe a quart bottle for testing?

Comment

Are you wanting organic? My dad has always used Spectracide that comes in a hose end bottle that can shoot up to 20' in the air. It has worked well

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
        My neighbors have the same problem every year with their pecan tree. He's got something that almost kills on contact he sprays the trees with. Not sure what it is. I noticed just last weekend that they had started again. And I trapped 23 squirrels for them last fall.

I did read that real soapy water works. But nto sure if it dose. Maybe a quart bottle for testing?
        I have heard that before as well, then I think mixing some baking soda and spraying works for some kinds of insects....also that diatomaceous earth many insects no likey....

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
        Are you wanting organic? My dad has always used Spectracide that comes in a hose end bottle that can shoot up to 20' in the air. It has worked well
        Would like organic if possible since it's in the front yard, kids and dogs...and pecans...

Comment

supposedly if you tear open the webs with a pole saw it will allow in wasp's that eat them, gonna do that here tomorrow as they just showed up on mine......

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
            supposedly if you tear open the webs with a pole saw it will allow in wasp's that eat them, gonna do that here tomorrow as they just showed up on mine......
            nice...operation infestation obliteration is underway....soapy water appetizer, baking soda and diatomaceous earth for dessert...

Comment

or even more entertaining, I'm gonna open up the tall ones with with 3 1/2 inch BB's....

Comment

If they are not too tall, the best way is get a long pole and tape several long poles together if needed to reach the worms. Tie a rag soaked in a flammable, light it and burn the little bastages arses! You will also get some sadistic pleasure out of watching them wriggle in pain as they die a slow death!

Comment

Fire

Comment

If you spray them be sure to tear a hole in webbing to spray inside.

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
                      or even more entertaining, I'm gonna open up the tall ones with with 3 1/2 inch BB's....
                      In the hood, although I like our local LEO's, no need to have them come and visit for this...

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                      If they are not too tall, the best way is get a long pole and tape several long poles together if needed to reach the worms. Tie a rag soaked in a flammable, light it and burn the little bastages arses! You will also get some sadistic pleasure out of watching them wriggle in pain as they die a slow death!
                      hmm....I do have my pear burner, aka coal expediter....and they aren't too high...throw in a ladder and we have a youtube video in the works...

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                      Fire
                      Fire, hammers and 200mph tape....if these can't fix the problem, it can't be fixed...lol

Comment

I always burn them. Low ones with torch and higher ones with rag on a long pole.

Comment

brb....if I am not back in 10 minutes, call the paramedics...er, fire dept first, meatwagon will tag along anyway...

Comment

Always watched my papaw use Burnadell’s method

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

intermission....trying to be safe, my Wife seems to have 'put away' my fire extinguisher that is 'supposed' to be under the kitchen sink....nice...lol

Comment

Working...
                              X