Granger WT Postcard Hunt 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Granger WT Postcard Hunt 2015

Looks like our original thread got axed. Lets try to keep this one civil. Got drawn this year for the WT postcard and am having a blast. I like hearing about others having success. Latest count was 16 does, lets keep it going

Was wondering how long it would take to get axed

Comment

Subscribed..

Comment

Those guys that were arguing where getting way too serious. Anyone hunting out there should be concerned if they run across one of those guys.

Comment

I apologize to everyone for my part in the negativity of the axed thread.

I should've just ignored the guy.
          He's suckered me into arguments before and I should've known better.

Thank you to all who attempted to "defend" me.

Thanks also to all who PM'd me with advice.

Comment

Great! Really allergic to poison oak - been really careful to avoid it where i can. So what do i do? Kill a deer who apparently walk thru every poison oak bush out in granger and dragged her out with bare hands and over my back. Got a nice surprise this morning when started itching. Hopefully it doesnt require steroid shots. Oh well, aint stopping me. Guess i just need to remember glives next time.

Comment

Originally posted by BlacktailSlayer View Post
              Great! Really allergic to poison oak - been really careful to avoid it where i can. So what do i do? Kill a deer who apparently walk thru every poison oak bush out in granger and dragged her out with bare hands and over my back. Got a nice surprise this morning when started itching. Hopefully it doesnt require steroid shots. Oh well, aint stopping me. Guess i just need to remember glives next time.
              Rubber gloves when cleaning Deer. Growing up i spent alot of time on that river bottom its hard to stay away from it. I got it every year. Its not like the Hill country, its everywhere.

Comment

Sorry to hear about the poison ivy. Congrats on the deer though. Seem like every time we find a good spot for a stand, it has the ivy all up in it.

Comment

I am really looking forward to finally getting out there this next week.

Comment

Needs to be tagged & moved to the public land section

Comment

Knocked down doe #2!! Buck tag in hand!!! Ready for the rut!!! Looks like 17 does, 1 nubbin. I was the 6th buck tag issued.

Comment

Knocked down doe #2!! Buck tag in hand!!! Ready for the rut!!! Looks like 17 does, 1 nubbin. I was the 6th buck tag issued.
                        Congrats!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

4 or 5 years ago I drew the granger crossbow hunt when it was one of the normal TPWD draw hunts. It was December and I ended up killing a really nice buck.

What I took home with me that trip was the worst case of poison oak I have ever seen. I had it all over my body. Including places u don't want it. I ended up having to go the ER by the time I got home because it was making me ill. And I am not even sure where I got it. I only hunted 2 days (shot my buck first sit) It was tough to tell where it was because all the leaves had already dropped. It must of been the vines in one of trees we hung a stand in.

Best of luck out there guys! I thoroughly enjoy following this thread each year!

Here's the granger buck I took.

Comment

I remember this stud. I got drawn for the same crossbow hunt that year, but i hunted in november. You probably got it from the bucks fur. This guy probably buried himself in the thickets during the day, which consists of lots of poison oak. I would get a bad case of poison oak to shoot a stud like that!

Comment

Working...
                              X