No announcement yet.

Moon guide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m using Drury outdoors app call DeerCast. It figures in moon phase, with current weather and makes a chart. I’ve found moon charts to be very useful with low pressure deer. Nothing can predict movement of animals that are forced into hiding or bumped from beds all the time

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
      I’m using Drury outdoors app call DeerCast. It figures in moon phase, with current weather and makes a chart. I’ve found moon charts to be very useful with low pressure deer. Nothing can predict movement of animals that are forced into hiding or bumped from beds all the time
      Fully agree and you can throw that solunar stuff out the window if weather is wrong (i.e. Torrential rain )

Minor time here is 1623-1833 this afternoon
      Plan on being in the tree prior to 1600

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
        The property ownership is a free trial. If you want to keep it it's a fee.

Well you are right if you want unlimited but you do get 10 free per month. Some of the mapping has some cool features. Back to the OP.
        If the moon effects the tides in the ocean, and it does, it could effect game movement. Horses start growing there winter coat in correlation to the amount of daylight and this also could trigger the rut activity in deer along with the moon.... IDK

Comment

I believe in solunar tables for hunting and fishing. They do work for major and minor movements.

Comment

The minor period this evening was definitely minor

Saw 4 pigs and zero deer during the stated minor period

Comment

Originally posted by JasonS View Post
              The moonguide has different times that are peak, times of day and different days. He bases it off moon being overhead and under foot.

I bought one this year. Ill do some comparison for yall. In general the online solarlunar table seems to coincide well. Days that are bad I see less deer, or no deer. Days that I see a lot, seem to always be good days. I hunt public, no feeders.

The moonguide wheel comes with times, and location type to hunt.
              What did it say about today?

I had a buck in my plot at 10:30

Huntstand said minor AM time was 6:17-8:27, major 11:16- 14:18

Just curious what the "wheel" said

Comment

Working...
              X