Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moon guide?

Gimmick or does it help?

The Deer Hunters' Moon Guide is a hunting app and dial with GPS, waypoints, property lines, land owner maps. The MoonGuide App is the only hunting tool that will give you the hunting information you need to be where the big deer are and when they will be there.

Saw a hunting show where they were promoting this thing

Said it was not your typical solunar table, took other factors into equation

If you have experience with the thing, post up a review

I've got a couple of free ones on the phone. They seem to match up with the moon phases. Sometimes it helps I guess.

Comment

I'm the biggest skeptic I know and by no means do I fully understand exactly how the solunar table is developed.However from my observations if you are where deer want to be, those times are pretty darn accurate.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Comment

I use an app called Time to Hunt on my phone and I have found it to be helpful. As many times as I've seen good activity when the app says I will can't be coincidence.

Comment

I use a free version and it’s actually fairly accurate in my experience, though I have no understanding of why it effects animal movement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You might like the HuntStand app, has Solunar, Weather, HuntZone for wind in your hunt area and of course Mapping. Lot of good info for a free app and yes there are some commercials but a tap on the X and they are gone. Oh and also offers property ownership on Parcel Info...and its Free.

Comment

iSolunar app. I have found that it’s pretty accurate. I’ll join the I don’t know why group. But typically when it says it’s good, it’s good.

Comment

I bought it this year and yesterday I should have listened to it 100 percent

Comment

My buddy swears by it so I thought I'll give it a shot so far it's been pretty accurate for me

Comment

You can get the same thing on line for free, all you have to know is when the moon is overhead or underfoot. If a giant comes by you when it says it should you swear by it, if you see nothing when it's peak time you will think it's a scam. The best way to increase your odds are to stay on stand all day during the rut. That's how I roll in Kansas.

Comment

Very true, I figure what would it hurt to spend the 30 bucks just to see if the hype is real

Comment

download "best hunting " app to your phone,, free and easy to use, includes sunrise and sunset, moon phase, moon transit, moon rise, and moon set along with peak activity times and minor activity times you can specify your location by gps and if you want it can also have weather... been using it for at least 4 years and it has been pretty reliable

Comment

The moonguide has different times that are peak, times of day and different days. He bases it off moon being overhead and under foot.

I bought one this year. Ill do some comparison for yall. In general the online solarlunar table seems to coincide well. Days that are bad I see less deer, or no deer. Days that I see a lot, seem to always be good days. I hunt public, no feeders.

The moonguide wheel comes with times, and location type to hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger_Roger View Post
                            You might like the HuntStand app, has Solunar, Weather, HuntZone for wind in your hunt area and of course Mapping. Lot of good info for a free app and yes there are some commercials but a tap on the X and they are gone. Oh and also offers property ownership on Parcel Info...and its Free.
                            The property ownership is a free trial. If you want to keep it it's a fee. That said, I do use it, but it's not always accurate on wind direction. It's handy for other things though.

On the moon chart, I tried it one year, and observed it carefully. Although I couldn't always hunt when it recommended, it "seemed to work", ...... sometimes. That's anecdotal at best, but that's the best I can do. Some of the "experts" say the moon has no bearing on when deer move. I don't believe that, but I think other factors over ride the moon at times.
                            Last edited by Drycreek3189; 10-21-2018, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by drake112 View Post
                              I bought it this year and yesterday I should have listened to it 100 percent
                              Originally posted by JasonS View Post
                              The moonguide has different times that are peak, times of day and different days. He bases it off moon being overhead and under foot.

I bought one this year. Ill do some comparison for yall. In general the online solarlunar table seems to coincide well. Days that are bad I see less deer, or no deer. Days that I see a lot, seem to always be good days. I hunt public, no feeders.

The moonguide wheel comes with times, and location type to hunt.
                              Let us know how it works

Just to clarify, moon guide is not your typical solunar table (at least their sales pitch claims it is not )

I am curious if the moon guide makes any difference

I am skeptical of sending someone $30 for the thing without hearing from someone who has no financial interest in the thing

I do use Huntstand and it has a solunar table and a somewhat accurate weather tab

If you go to the online version the property ownership tab is unlimited free clicks

Comment

Working...
                              X