Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by James View Post
    314 acres
    Looks like a good area for single hunter! That would have been my 2nd choice if I was there...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I saw the wide 8 in your trail cam near my brush blind spot.

I figured him high 120’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post

I saw the wide 8 in your trail cam near my brush blind spot.

I figured him high 120’s.

That’s him. Did you take a buck on your hunt ?

Comment

I've been in contact with the hunter who got the first buck, but not sure if he follows TBH.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Not drawn

I was there for the standby drawing and didn't get drawn. I have 23 years of preference points on archery and 34 years of preference points for gun on the chaparral. So I guess you could say if it weren't for bad luck I would have no luck at all. Maybe next year!

Comment

Congrats hunted there a few years back, great place and great staff.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                I was there for the standby drawing and didn't get drawn. I have 23 years of preference points on archery and 34 years of preference points for gun on the chaparral. So I guess you could say if it weren't for bad luck I would have no luck at all. Maybe next year!
                Just keep putting in! You never know. We got drawn 3 years ago for the gun hunt with just 2 preference points.

Comment

I saw a few decent bucks hit the ground this morning.. No monsters yet

Comment

The Flu won, I had to go to the med clinic and throw in the towel. Pretty upset, waited over 17 years to hunt this Ranch again. Maybe next year.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                      I was down there as well. More folks showed up than I figured would be there. The first hunt I think there were 7 cards in the bucket. the 2nd hunt there were 12 cards in.

oh well...good luck guys.

Comment

I didn't get drawn on the standby for the second time this yr. plus I have 23 yrs of preference points for archery and 34 yrs of preference points for rifle on chap. If it weren't for bad luck I would have no luck at all.

Comment

Hang in there...you are due. I've been on one rifle hunt and 2 youth either sex hunts. Wish I knew then what I know now about the place.

Also been on one drawn archery(october 07) and a couple via standby. You'll get there.

Comment

How did the rest of your hunt go?

Comment

I came home empty handed but it was a great hunt. Seemed like the deer had been hunted hard and were very skittish. Same some good ones - just not close enough to launch and arrow. I will continue putting in for this hunt - seems like a magical place!

Comment

anyone see any warthogs? wonder if they are still around down there?

Comment

Working...
                                X