No announcement yet.

Official Lake Whintney and Aquilla 2016-2017 hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol. Acctually I've been kinda like-n an afternoon nap once in a while lol.

Fish are bite-n. And there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

It's beauty sleep.

Comment

Absolutely beautiful weekend coming up! Almost zero winds most all day Saturday. Mild breeze Friday. And a very light wind Sunday. Nothing more than 79 degrees at max with the lows in the 50s for over night low. Won't be many weekends like this for a while. Tempted to go set jug lines again.

Comment

Go catch them TG , I just got to Corpus and I'll be fishing in 2 hours.

Comment

Got out here Wednesday evening, tromped around B3 on Thursday morning, H5 this morning. Grass is so thick and tall I don't think a turkey would risk it, and you couldn't see them anyway. Did manage to pull 7 decent crappie off the Nolan yesterday, no keepers today.

Comment

Waiting for the wind to die a bit. Got cut carp on some jug lines. Brother out trying to catch some shad.

Fish are bite-n. And there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!
              Attached Files

Comment

Couple of pics from this weekend.
                Attached Files

Comment

Razorback, looks like you got a monster crappie in that right hand.

I had the Grandboys come camp with me Sat and Sunday. Daughter and SNL were there too. Hushpuppy Man on here showed up Friday morning. He was nice enough to cook me venison burgers for lunch and tenderloins for dinner Friday, and catch all my bait for my jug lines all weekend . He even prepared the fresh fish tacos for Saturday night . Still a lot of bait robbers in the water. Lost a few lines again to brush and fish. Had some hand sized perch stolen on my monster jugs. May go back to running trotlines. Sandies and stripers were working the water at times. But I didn't mess with them this trip.

Comment

Knock knock knock! Anybody home?

Comment

Hello everyone how ya doing? Real busy with fishing, cooking fish, tournaments, oh and sick wife!! She's good now, praise God! I was on TPW website and it said bow season will start oct. 1 and rifle season nov. 5 well those are sunday's. We're going to start on sunday?

Comment

Stinkbait, glad to see you post. Life gets busy sometimes . I believe the state statue says that it is to start the first Saturday closest to Oct. 1st each year. That would mean the opening of the bow season would be Sept 30 for 2017-2018 season. I believe you may have been looking at the 2016 season dates. It started Oct 1st for 2016. They generally don't publish the season dates till sometime in June, if I remember correctly. Licenses are usually available sometime in August, possibly Aug. 15.

What have you been fishing for? Cats? Bass? Crappie? Glad your wife is feel-n better too.

Comment

No found it!! Sept.30 and nov. 4 oh that was close. Been fishing for them big sandies and eating gooood!!! Got a bass tournament this weekend but looks like a lot of rain.

Comment

Sorry for not posting lately I've been busy so let's bump this up. This weekend is graduation for my son and next weekend is a party for the rest of the family. I hope to get to Whitney in a few weeks to camp out .

Comment

Send my congrats to your son Storm.

Comment

Working...
                              X