No announcement yet.

What's a fair trade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd call neighbor over for a beverage and walk your property to his whilest chewing the fat and talking like neighbors. Feel him out and go from there.

I bet for access he leave it as he found it and fix your ruts.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Make sure to take plenty of good “before” pictures

Comment

if has a dozer, he can build a road on his own place. if he is taking the path of least resistance and doesn't want to do that, then he may not be the one to trust even if he says he'll take care of a few things on your wish list.

Comment

If you decide to let him make sure it is in writing and definitely make sure it says that you are not providing any type of easement to that side of the property so that he doesn't try to clean it up and sell that side of his property and then try to pass the right of way into that piece onto you.

Comment

Can you post a google earth pic of yours and his ? I wanna see the swamp he can’t get around. I’m assuming he wants to sell some timber, and would rather tear up your place than cutting a road through his to go around the swamp.

Comment

I would agree that most has been covered already.

Nothing wrong with being neighborly, but I'd also want some facts. I mean, if he wants to go through your property with large machinery to access his, I think he should at least let you know what he's up to.

With that said, regardless of what he is up to, one issue still remains...your neighbor's inability to access the back part of his property.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                If he just wants to drive his dozer in one day and a few weeks later after he is done drive it out, I'm not asking him for anything other than him being neighborly if one day I ever need him to be.
                This - if there is no real impact on you or your property then help the guy out

Comment

Originally posted by R.W.T View Post
                  Can you post a google earth pic of yours and his ? I wanna see the swamp he can’t get around. I’m assuming he wants to sell some timber, and would rather tear up your place than cutting a road through his to go around the swamp.
                  Lol that is the first thought that came to my mind

Sounds to me that basically he wants to log his place, make some money but not have to spend much to access his and not mess the front side of his up

I could be totally wrong but if I am right he is not very " neighborly "

Comment

My two cents: I would probably let him walk a dozer in and out, but log trucks would be a no go for me. Log trucks or dump trucks can't seem to stay in one path. I've dealt with plenty of them.

Comment

Okay, so we purchased our property right at a year ago. It's 70 acres with a creek running the whole length of my western side and then the creek splits and goes north into the center of his place. I have only met one of my neighbors as it seems most of them aren't around when I'm there. I believe most of them don't live on their places. This neighbor contacted the realtor that had listed our property in hopes of getting my contact info. The realtor said he didn't want to give out my info, but would pass his info along if he was okay with that. The realtor had said the neighbor had gained access from my neighbor to the east before when he did some logging on his place, but for some reason he wasn't wanting to contact that neighbor for access now.

I plan to call the neighbor and talk it over with him. I have a feeling that whatever he did last time with my eastern neighbor didn't go so well, so now he's trying to find a different entrance.

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
                        Okay, so we purchased our property right at a year ago. It's 70 acres with a creek running the whole length of my western side and then the creek splits and goes north into the center of his place. I have only met one of my neighbors as it seems most of them aren't around when I'm there. I believe most of them don't live on their places. This neighbor contacted the realtor that had listed our property in hopes of getting my contact info. The realtor said he didn't want to give out my info, but would pass his info along if he was okay with that. The realtor had said the neighbor had gained access from my neighbor to the east before when he did some logging on his place, but for some reason he wasn't wanting to contact that neighbor for access now.

I plan to call the neighbor and talk it over with him. I have a feeling that whatever he did last time with my eastern neighbor didn't go so well, so now he's trying to find a different entrance.

This is certainly what it sounds like

Comment

I bet you're right on, with this thought.

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                          if has a dozer, he can build a road on his own place. if he is taking the path of least resistance and doesn't want to do that, then he may not be the one to trust even if he says he'll take care of a few things on your wish list.
                          Yep. I'd kindly suggest that he build a road now, so he could enjoy it for years to come!

Comment

Sounds like to me that you not only need to talk to your neighbor but also talk with his eastern neighbor that he crossed last time as well.

Comment

[QUOTE=SFAbowhunter;14147742]Okay, so we purchased our property right at a year ago. It's 70 acres with a creek running the whole length of my western side and then the creek splits and goes north into the center of his place. I have only met one of my neighbors as it seems most of them aren't around when I'm there. I believe most of them don't live on their places. This neighbor contacted the realtor that had listed our property in hopes of getting my contact info. The realtor said he didn't want to give out my info, but would pass his info along if he was okay with that. The realtor had said the neighbor had gained access from my neighbor to the east before when he did some logging on his place, but for some reason he wasn't wanting to contact that neighbor for access now.

I plan to call the neighbor and talk it over with him. I have a feeling that whatever he did last time with my eastern neighbor didn't go so well, so now he's trying to find a different entrance.[/QUOTE]

RED FLAG!

Comment

I’d just call the guy and let him do it with the understanding that he’d clean up any major mess he might make. He’s your neighbor...

If one of my neighbors came at me with a legal document (that didn’t involve a permanent easement or something like that) I’d be a little put off.

Potentially getting sideways with a neighbor over access in an absentee ownership situation seems like a nightmare waiting to happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X