No announcement yet.

not going this weekend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, I'm not gonna make it this year. It's the first time I've missed the opener in a long time. My UTV is still in the shop and I'm not sure if the roads have been fixed well enough to get into the ranch. I've rarely killed anything on opening weekend, but since I've had four lions on camera I sure would like to get a crack at them before the other guys do.

Comment

I don't deal with the November madness this weekend, going to nascar

Comment

Originally posted by GarrettH View Post
        I'm not.. I'm driving to llano tonight to pick up my daughter and then right back to houston to spend our short time together before we make the trip again sunday.
        Our weekends sound the same except its only a 2hr round trip.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason85 View Post
          Our weekends sound the same except its only a 2hr round trip.
          I'm at 7-8 hours depending on traffic. Not fun but worth every moment

Comment

I decided to skip it this morning, first time in maybe 38 years, too muddy and it is supposed to blow like crazy, think I will head out Thursday.

Comment

with this cool weather that has arrived I wish I was (35 this morning when the sun came up) but both of my boys have soccer tournaments the next 2 weekends so no hunting for a couple of weeks for me

Comment

Lost my lease this year, so I won't be hunting.
                However, I have always made other plans for opening of gun season. Let the 'thunderstick' guys do their thing and I'd be back asap with bow in hand.

Comment

I'm out, going up next weekend instead. Our lease neighbors are all rifle hunters and a bunch of them come out opening weekend every year and deer movement seems to die down for a couple days with all the noise and activity. I've got limited time to hunt this year so trying to avoid times I know it's gonna be busy

Comment

not going this weekend?

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                    I don't deal with the November madness this weekend, going to nascar

Sounds like a break even proposition.
                    Last edited by Graysonhogs; 11-02-2018, 08:34 AM.

Comment

not me just filling feeders and changing out cards and batteries then running away from what i expect to be ww3 amount of gunfire

Comment

Not me. I am only licensed to hunt hogs, squirrels, and other stuff in Texas. Now that I am retired I leave the weekends to the working guys anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                          Heading to Austin for Texas vs West Virginia.
                          I’ll be there for parent s weekend at the sorority house with my daughter.
                          Ironically, she is a great hunter and would forgive me. Her mom wouldnt.

Next couple of weeks I will be hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                            I'm going to get some brownie points this weekend too I am go hunting so she can get a break from me.
                            This

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                              Sounds like a break even proposition.
                              Not really, the November race is pretty empty these days, traffic getting out is not bad like it used to be.

Comment

Heading to Ark. to check on 97 yr. mother in a home up there and do yard work at her house. Mothers come first.

Comment

Working...
                                X