No announcement yet.

Lake Travis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got this about evacuating those along the Colorado Rover and Lake LBJ. Praying this passes quickly

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
      Travis is up more than 10' over the past 3 days.

I'm trying to figure out how they're saying it's only going to rise another 10' with all the flood waters coming in.

I know it holds a lot of water but just the Llano is going to be pouring in 280k CFS soon. And all the flood gates are already open at Max Starke. Hmmm

The LCRA is usually dead on though.. I hope they're right this time. I predict Lake Travis is full or up another 20' in 3 days.
      Now they are finally saying Travis will fill up. And they may have to open floodgates on Travis "soon"

That's what I figured.

Mansfield/Travis Oct 16 2018 9:30AM 672.86 492.24 Oct 16 2018 9:14AM No gate operations to pass floodwaters are expected at Mansfield Dam at this time.

Travis is full pool at 681 foot.... it is 671 right now and was at 670 at your post......so their prediction of 10 foot would be pretty much dang close, no?

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        Travis is full pool at 681 foot.... it is 671 right now and was at 670 at your post......so their prediction of 10 foot would be pretty much dang close, no?
        Yes.

I was going off the flood pool elevation mentioned on the news. So things got confusing.

Either way they just closed Lake Travis. And LCRA website still says no floodgate operations for Mansfield but I bet that changes also.

The news was way underplaying this water making it through Travis IMO. That's the only reason I started this thread.

And Buchanan will be full soon also. Colorado River is flowing pretty good. If we get any more rain it could get bad real quick.

Comment

Lake Travis

Llano river bridge in Kingsland just collapsed and was flipping down the river....crazy.

Comment

The level of Lake Travis is expected to rise within a range of 678 to 681 feet msl within the next 24 hours.
            Current Reading: 673.76 Oct 16 2018 10:15AM

Up another 1' in 45 minutes.

We shall see if the rise slows down a lot as it gets fuller. In flows should drop fast at this point.

Comment

Right next to the brand new Boat Town dealership and restaurant. The video is shot from the patio, that is usually a 30 foot hike up the hill to get to.

We have friends with a house just past that bridge on the left, hoping they’re out and ok. This is getting ridiculous with the weather and flooding

Comment

Pray Buchanan can hold all the water coming down the Colorado. River is 27ft high at our ranch in Mills County.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                  Pray Buchanan can hold all the water coming down the Colorado. River is 27ft high at our ranch in Mills County.
                  And 35,000 CFS But it's not in flood stage yet. I'm watching Buchanan levels also.

Last Reading: 1015.55 Oct 16 2018 10:15AM

I should be out catfishing!

Comment

And 35,000 CFS But it's not in flood stage yet. I'm watching Buchanan levels also.

4ft more feet and they will start releasing water most likely.

Comment

I hate rain right now. We own underwater land instead of waterfront.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                        4ft more feet and they will start releasing water most likely.
                        They are predicting future rise to 1016-1018 Seems low to me...But the Colorado will drop fast if it doesn't rain more..So 1018 may be about right.

Lake level forecast: The level of Lake Buchanan is expected to rise to a range of 1016 to 1018 feet msl in the next 24 hours

Comment

It is still raining and keeps building along the I10 corridor between SA And Sonora

Comment

Isn't Buchanan massive? I feel like it could catch a whooooooooole lotta water, but I know nothing about it beyond the aerial outline.

Comment

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
                              Isn't Buchanan massive? I feel like it could catch a whooooooooole lotta water, but I know nothing about it beyond the aerial outline.
                              It is a big lake but I have seen it go from 10 ft low to flood gates open in 24hrs.

Comment

Marble Falls area is bad- wife is one of the directors for the city and I may be loading up our rescue boat and a couple guys and heading that way. Send prayers for no loss of life as property damage is something that can always be replaced and it is going to be there

biggest concern this minute is rainfall this evening.
                                Glen
                                Last edited by glen; 10-16-2018, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X