Scallops with a lemon butter bacon sauce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by postman View Post
    What the heck is a scallop? I know it's seafood, but what ??
    A mollusk shell fish like a clam or oyster only much much much much better. IMO.

Comment

Dang son! That is some good viddles.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason85 View Post
        Start off by cooking a few strips of bacon. Take the bacon out and most of the bacon grease. Then add a little butter and saute the scallops for a few minutes on each side. Don't fully cook them... Take the scallops out and reserve all the liquid. Put 2tbls of butter in the pan then squeeze the juice from one lemon in pan. Chop up your bacon and add it to the pan. Add 1tblsp of heavy whipping cream. Cook it for a few minutes to thicken then add the scallops and the reserved liquid. Cook the scallops for another 2 -3 min until done. Place scallops on plate and pour the sauce over them. Garnish with fresh chopped chives! Easy and delicious! The bacon used was blackpepper bacon that was cured and cold smoked over hickory. The link below is how i make my bacon.

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=682632
        That looks amazing

Quick variation for you if you ever have more scallops than you can eat for dinner.

Everything you did with Jumbo or Diver scallops, added with the bacon and a little of the sauce and place on top of well toasted English muffins. Mix sauce with an egg yolk and whisk under a double boiler. Add poached egg rare/medium rare on top of the scallop and bacon and drizzle the hollandaise on top. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Or as I prepare: Bacon wrapped scallop eggs benedict with citrus/habanero hollandaise.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
          That looks amazing

Quick variation for you if you ever have more scallops than you can eat for dinner.

Everything you did with Jumbo or Diver scallops, added with the bacon and a little of the sauce and place on top of well toasted English muffins. Mix sauce with an egg yolk and whisk under a double boiler. Add poached egg rare/medium rare on top of the scallop and bacon and drizzle the hollandaise on top. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Or as I prepare: Bacon wrapped scallop eggs benedict with citrus/habanero hollandaise.
          Oh i'll definitely give that a try!! That's my kind of breakfast! I made a run to seabrook this past weekend and got those scallops and colassol shrimp. They are fresh and cheap compared to buying them from HEB.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason85 View Post
            Oh i'll definitely give that a try!! That's my kind of breakfast! I made a run to seabrook this past weekend and got those scallops and colassol shrimp. They are fresh and cheap compared to buying them from HEB.
            Im a bit of an eggs benedict slut. Lobster, scallops and crab with bacon make for some of the best IMO.

Comment

Wow that looks great!

Comment

Im a bit of an eggs benedict slut. Lobster, scallops and crab with bacon make for some of the best IMO.
                hahaha! Yea i have to agree! Once my house gets finished and i don't have to cook in a travel trailer i will give it a shot!

Comment

A mollusk shell fish like a clam or oyster only much much much much better. IMO.
                  looks good, glad to hear it is a real critter. Someone told me once that it was round shaped sting ray meat. Never had it but does look delicious !

Comment

🤤

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X