No announcement yet.

Brushy hill 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We will be hunting a newly opened pasture, the Cut pasture. It is located just south of the Waver Tree pasture and staying in the Will Rehm camp house. Looking forward to just getting out in the wood again. It's been a few years. I have been recovering from knee replacement surgery this time last year.

Comment

Good luck fellas and can’t wait to hear about it.

Comment

Well been here 3 days, 4 of us, nothing down yet, very very tough hunting, have not seen a deer on morning sets, saw a 6 pt first evening, not legal, other than that we've been skunked, everything very green.
        God Bless
        Bish

Comment

Talked to Ava yesterday in advance of our trip next week. She said some good deer have been seen but none in bow range. So many acorns, the deer are not coming to corn yet. Good luck to everyone out there. Seven days and I'll be out there seeing what I can find. If no shooter buck shows, I will gladly take a doe.

Comment

Originally posted by Bish View Post
            Well been here 3 days, 4 of us, nothing down yet, very very tough hunting, have not seen a deer on morning sets, saw a 6 pt first evening, not legal, other than that we've been skunked, everything very green.
            God Bless
            Bish
            Early season is tough down there. They haven't been hunted hard yet but still really green unless it's been overly dry.

Comment

Definitely keeping up with this thread. 4 of us will be there from Dec. 18-23.

Comment

How was the trip

Comment

Just got back today from a four day hunt. Two shooter bucks I saw this morning showed signs that they starting to get interested in the does. More to come of the hunt tomorrow. To everyone heading out, be safe and good hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by Smvjr1 View Post
                    Just got back today from a four day hunt. Two shooter bucks I saw this morning showed signs that they starting to get interested in the does. More to come of the hunt tomorrow. To everyone heading out, be safe and good hunting.
                    Did u see anything with some age on it, besides those 2 old pigs that walked by u.

Comment

Hello everyone
                      Have been hearing some about this Brushy Hill ranch. Will someone give me information on location (area close to Houston?), or any contact info.
                      Sempi fi

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Search button is your friend

There is a ton of info out there on it. Look up online and use the search up top of this page.

Comment

I rattled up a very nice shooter 8 pt Thursday morning down in a low area behind my blind. Couldn't get him to stop and when he did, all I could see was his butt at 18 yards. Friday morning the same buck walked by my blind at 6:36. Too dark to shoot. Ten minutes later he walks by again going back to the area he originally came from, again too dark to make a good shot. Never saw him again. Tried to stir his curiosity again around 8:00 by rattling again but it was a not go. After a few rattling sequences I looked across the oats pasture and with my bare eyes at 200 yards away could tell there was a big buck standing in the oats. Glassed it. Big heavy horned 10 pt following three does around the edge of the pasture. After a few minutes he followed them off into the brush.
                          All in all it was a tough hunt as you well know zookeeper. Deer early in the morning and late in the evening but they were definitely showing signs of starting the rut Friday morning. Looks like my buddy and I missed the pre-rut by one week. That's the way it goes sometimes. Still a great time. Shared the cabin with some great hunters out of San Antonio and Dallas area. Already looking forward to giving it another run next season. Hopefully we can hook up again zookeeper. Good luck the rest of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                            Search button is your friend

There is a ton of info out there on it. Look up online and use the search up top of this page.
                            That what I did...no results only showed these posting

Comment

Originally posted by tiberiuswade View Post
                              That what I did...no results only showed these posting

Go to search page
                              Brushy hill

And look under around the campfire and rate the deer lease. I did and it produced several pages of results. Lots of info out there and too much to post again.

Comment

Originally posted by Smvjr1 View Post
                                I rattled up a very nice shooter 8 pt Thursday morning down in a low area behind my blind. Couldn't get him to stop and when he did, all I could see was his butt at 18 yards. Friday morning the same buck walked by my blind at 6:36. Too dark to shoot. Ten minutes later he walks by again going back to the area he originally came from, again too dark to make a good shot. Never saw him again. Tried to stir his curiosity again around 8:00 by rattling again but it was a not go. After a few rattling sequences I looked across the oats pasture and with my bare eyes at 200 yards away could tell there was a big buck standing in the oats. Glassed it. Big heavy horned 10 pt following three does around the edge of the pasture. After a few minutes he followed them off into the brush.
                                All in all it was a tough hunt as you well know zookeeper. Deer early in the morning and late in the evening but they were definitely showing signs of starting the rut Friday morning. Looks like my buddy and I missed the pre-rut by one week. That's the way it goes sometimes. Still a great time. Shared the cabin with some great hunters out of San Antonio and Dallas area. Already looking forward to giving it another run next season. Hopefully we can hook up again zookeeper. Good luck the rest of the season.
                                We were the group coming in when y'all were leaving. Our hunt was terrible, extremely tough hunting. I believe the combination of lack of cold weather, lack of rain and full moon is making it very tough. Combined our group logged over 200 hrs in the stand and got 2 does to show for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X