Rucking (Ruck Marching)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
    Nice setup, bet that wears different from the 5.11.

The Bataan crew is starting to wake up around here, so with the (hopefully) cooler weather we'll be getting out more often.
    Yes it does. It is nice with the padded belt, load straps, sway straps, etc... which is overkill for a small dense load, but necessary when you add bulk and not just weight.

Look forward to y'alls training.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

If you have a baby or toddler,I use this with my daughter all the time. We hike,fish,shop,walk around the neighborhood. It has a slot for hydration bladder and other pockets for gear. Usually I strap a couple fly rods,net,fly box,water,snacks,extra clothes and with her I'm around 40lbs. Its made by deuter and has padded hip straps and is very comfortable. Helps with training for carrying heavy packs and you can take your kid pretty much anywhere you want to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishxbones View Post

If you have a baby or toddler,I use this with my daughter all the time. We hike,fish,shop,walk around the neighborhood. It has a slot for hydration bladder and other pockets for gear. Usually I strap a couple fly rods,net,fly box,water,snacks,extra clothes and with her I'm around 40lbs. Its made by deuter and has padded hip straps and is very comfortable. Helps with training for carrying heavy packs and you can take your kid pretty much anywhere you want to go.
        Or even when they are older...

Comment

Haha,hope my wife never sees that or I'd end up having to ruck her around.

Comment

FYI, registration for Bataan 2018 opens on 1 October.

Comment

I ended the work week well. 50.5 total miles rucking 40# or heavier. 16 of those miles were at 52#. Surprisingly, my legs are not sore at all. Especially given that the most rucking I had done in a week at those weights was 30!

Comment

Easy 8 miles and change this morning. Just maintenance rucks before training starts in earnest for Bataan and Boston in 2018.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5203.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	24510717

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5204.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	24510718

Comment

Good stuff Mark, how much plate weight in your GR1?

Comment

I just use my Army large ruck. Usually wear silkies and my combat boots.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                      Good stuff Mark, how much plate weight in your GR1?

Just 30# today. It was freaking humid this morning. I was drenched by the time I got back to the truck.

Comment

Very interesting thread. Is there a good beginners guide you can recommend or website or you tube?

Comment

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post
                          I just use my Army large ruck. Usually wear silkies and my combat boots.
                          I know there are "better" commercial rucks than military standard issue... but I actually would like to get one.

Comment

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
                            Just 30# today. It was freaking humid this morning. I was drenched by the time I got back to the truck.
                            Yeah... story of my summer The last couple weeks had been nice... but back to having to change every bit of clothing and hanging them to dry.

Comment

Originally posted by d1rich1 View Post
                              Very interesting thread. Is there a good beginners guide you can recommend or website or you tube?
                              Outside of goruck.com which is more than just rucking... it is a team event/experience... I just googled to find some military threads/vids with those who talked about rucking, etc.

It is pretty basic... good pack, good footwear and get out and walk. The #1 thing I spent the most time on was pack selection and how to weigh it down and get the weight where you want it (close to upper back.)

Feel free to ask questions on this thread...

Comment

This work week was less miles than last. 40 miles of heavy rucking. 16 miles @ 40#, 14 miles @ 52#, and the last two days I went and did 10 miles @ 62@. Today was 7 of those 10 miles.

62# is pretty different. I can only get to about 3.2 mph average and my back feels it after an hour. But... it makes 40# seem like I am toting around air.

Comment

Working...
                                X